Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day.
For several reasons.
A nap, kind card, thoughtful gifts and of course the best kids ever.

Jake relayed to me the brainstorming session where he asked our children (mostly just Kate) what I needed for Mother's Day. She returned with three answers. Jake took her to pick out these items for me, then helped her wrap them. The best part was that I pretty much knew what gifts I was getting with in hours of them returning home from the store because Kate doesn't know what a secret is. When she would start to tell me what she got at the store and her Dad would remind her not to say anything she would mime what I got. She pretended to stir, wipe counters and write. Still giving me hints through actions. Hilarious!

As for the gifts- they included.

" a big spoon for stirring"-Kate

" towels for cleaning your kitchen"-Kate

and "pens for your stuff for writing"-Kate

I can see our daughter talking with her Dad and coming up with these items.

I think it is funny that the three gifts really show me how my daughter sees me.
I cook
I clean
and I write ( at my desk mostly in a planner)

She is pretty accurate.
These are the things she sees me do during the day.
So I really appreciated the thoughtful gifts from her.

I also received a kind card and a book I have been wanting from my husband.
But this was just icing on the cake.
Thoughtful things my daughter determined I needed filled my heart and made me laugh out loud.

I can't wait until to take our daughter shopping for Father's Day to see what she thinks her father does and needs.



No comments: