Friday, May 14, 2010

Songs and Praise

I just put Kate to bed.
I asked her what song she would like me to sing for her bedtime song.
She usually says " I love to see the Temple"
Tonight she told me she would sing the song.
So she started singing.
And this is what followed in a very high sing song voice

"Once there was a Dad
and he had a truck
and it was a big truck
and it drove away

Once there was a Mom
and she had a lamb
and it was small
and it was pink
and then it ran far from home

Once their was a Sam
and he had a fish
but it was little
it was very small
and it flew
and it came back

Once Jesus had a wolf
and he had a big wolf
then the wolf flew away."

Wow! That is soon to be racing up the singles chart.
But why is everything driving, running of flying away
At least Sam got to keep his fish while the rest of us lost our cool things.


Speaking of godzilla
Sam is almost 15 months old now.

He is becoming a very social guy.
He chatted up a cashier today, and calls out what he sees when we drive or go inside somewhere.

Unless that place is a car wash...
...then he just screams like Kate just bite him...
...which also happened this week, and left him with a quarter sized chunk out of his arm.

He is to that point where new words are not so new that they get a lot of recognition.
But I still like to remember each one as it comes. I think he really learns the words for things he is most interested in.
Here is Sam's current list of words in order of first to current.

Mama, Dada, Dog, Tate, Whats That, That, This, nigh nigh, cat, (dog barking), (tiger growl), book, (fish sound), (elephant sound),olive, horses, (cow mooing) (monkey sound), more (with sign), dirt, bubbles, balloon, want, honk honk...
I'm sure there are a few I am forgetting. Which makes me feel bad only because with Kate I promptly wrote down each word until her list was upwards of 50 or so.
I am pretty sure his next word will be shoe, outside, or drink if interest is any indication.

No comments: