Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Peer Pressure....Ugggh

I have been peer pressured into this silly game. Where you list six new things about yourself and try to get six friends to do the same.

The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about! This should also be easy for me as I usually just post about Kate. Scott tagged both Jake and I, and seeing as how I know Jake will never ever do this... Perhaps I will do his as well.

Crystal's Six New Facts
Fact 1. I am a very good cleaner, my house may not always be clean, but if I have unexpected company I can get it presentable in a matter of minutes. On this note i am also somewhat obsessed with swiffer products.
Fact 2. I absolutley must take a shower first thing in the morning, before I eat breakfast or even go downstairs or else I will be a zombie until I do.
Fact 3. When I was a kid one of my favorite toys were these McDonalds happy meal food transformers... its a cheesburger... no its a alien fighter!
Fact 4. Although I have some musical talent, i have tried unsuccessfully to take up the guitar about five times in my life and have failed to learn more than a handful of songs. Is it possible my hands are just too small?
Fact 5. I really, really, really still like to listen to Whitney Houston... especially "I want to dance with somebody!" Although normally I think I have more of a socially acceptable taste in music.
Fact 6. As a young adult or teen I was convinced that I was not that artistically talented, hence one reason i became a social worker, although my dream job would be to be something artistic, a wedding planner, photographer, or having a boutique for children's clothing.

Jake's New Facts... as told by Crys
Fact 1. Jake was once held up at knife point by a drunk man.... and through compliments actually got the man to give him the knife. He IS a Sweet talker!
Fact 2. Jake takes about twice as long to get ready for bed than he does to get ready in the morning.
Fact 3. Jake absolutley hates hot things, they make him sick sometimes even. Hot tubs, hot chocolate...even really hot sun. He likes hot dogs though.
Fact 4. Jake is named after his grandfather, whose name was not Jake, but Joseph Calvin, people just shortened Joseph Calvin to Jake. But in Jake's case Jake is short for Jacob.
Fact 5. When we married Jake was a better cook than me I think. He still makes better fried chicken, egg sandwiches,rice and perfect tiered cakes.
Fact 6. Jake is one of the only people I know who did not have a cell phone until last year when his work gave cell phones to all their employees.

Sorry in advance to those I tag. Really if you don't do it I will not be offended. I refuse to peer pressure people to post things about themselves. But to follow through, I will tag Sis Amy, and Jeff Carpenter while I am at it, Natalie, Craig (though I know he will never do it)Errin and Janene(who is great at blogging).

4 comments:

Polliwog said...

Well, whether you wanted to or not, I'm so glad you did! Your post was very humorous and gave me new insights into the secret lives of two of my favorite people. Thanks for sharing!

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

I did mine! Tell natalie to invite me to her blog, and where mine is!

DawnTreader said...

For acting so reluctant you sure did post fast. I think you secretly hoped to be tagged and I made your wish come true.

Oh, and excellent information. I will use it for good and not evil.

The Kay Family said...

Well, I'm game. . . and flattered, thanks for thinking of me! I really enjoyed that you did it for Jake too, so I might have to steal that idea (only 3 for each of us totalling 6 all together, right?!?!)