Monday, September 15, 2008

The Best Sandwich Ever!

I'm in the mood to blog today, probably because my house is clean, I feel alright and kate is napping well. This is a fun little post called the best sandwich ever- in case you didn't read the title. Jake and I have perfected the sandwich. We have been eating this for lunch and some dinners for the past week or so, not to mention often before that. It is delicious if made to our exact instruction. When we eat them Jake always says that he wants to take the sandwich apart and each each layer one by one because everything inside is so good. True honey but really it is the calculated formula that makes the perfection.

Start with really good bread- preferable with a cheese base although a good sourdough will do. Buy canned jellied cranberry like your grandma buys at thanksgiving- mash it up in a separate bowl, then slather on one side of the bread. The next layer is good thinly sliced Provolone Cheese- two pieces if you have it. Next some slow roasted turkey breast- which you may just have to buy a whole turkey and cook it for, shredded not sliced and salt and peppered lightly before being placed on the sandwich. Then a green leaf lettuce-not iceberg, tomato and avocado previously salt and peppered before being placed on the sandwich as well. The last layer is a delicious sauce you make on the side before putting on the other piece of bread. It is four tablespoons mayo, four tablespoons of sour cream (and don't use fat free) and one tablespoon of mustard- just the cheap yellow kind all mixed together. You will also want a spoonful of this on your plate to dip the finished product into. So we are being a little silly, but I promise that it will be the best sandwich you ever made at home.
Plus I think it has every category in the food pyramid so that makes it healthy too. Mmmmmm!

7 comments:

Ali said...

Sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it. I will put it on my meal plans for next week.

The Tomlinsons said...

ok, now I am hungry. I was looking at the pictures in the slide show. They are so cute. I love them!

Polliwog said...

I love cranberry jelly on turkey sandwiches. Back when Hires was a restaurant (is it still?) I always ordered that.

Anonymous said...

Zack's favorite sandwich is turkey and cranberry. I can't wait to make this one for him. He will love it! I have really enjoyed reading your blog lately. Your writing has gotten so fun.

Emily said...

This pregnancy sandwiches have been my staple food. I eat one literally every day at lunch, and I am so very grateful for this post. I'm always looking for a delicious sandwich I can make in my own kitchen! How are you feeling, by the way?

Dolphinsbarn said...

Can't you just make me one and mail it to me? That always is better than making it myself.

Unknown said...

yumm