Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lions, Tigers and Brown Hair- oh my


Kate has a new obsession. Lions, Tigers and all other predatory cats. I had mentioned her successful "roaring"lessons before. It has been taken to a whole-nother-level. She watched the LION KING at her grandma's last weekend when Jake and I went to the temple. We brought it home with us because we heard it had been a big hit. We watched it together. There was roaring, neighing, and other commenting through out. I'll admit to letting her watch at least part of it every day since. She just loves it so much and plus give me a break I don't feel good. Then grandma brought over a giant tiger that was ours when we were kids that had been hidden away in a closet. The roaring has taken over, it starts in morning, she points at the tv and roars. It is hilarious, I love that she has something she likes so much.

On another note, I colored my hair brown. Really I have not been blonde since I was 23, it started going dark then and has been getting darker and darker since (well not that anyone knew because I lightened it every month). I went to my hair stylist (Jake hates when I say that- he thinks it sounds snobby), and asked her to get me back to my roots, so that I won't have to dye it anymore. Sounds easier, maybe not as pretty, but easier and cheaper too. She convinced me to go a little darker than my roots because it was going to be hard to cover the blonde. I think it is too dark, and am not in love with it, but think I will after a second take and maybe some fading. I am sure I will like not dying it eventually. I figure I will likely dye out my gray hair when they come, so why not have easy natural colored hair while I can. Well that is my intent anyway. We will see how long it lasts. I don't feel as pretty without my blonde hair. Look at the picture in my last post. It was blonde, longer and curly, it has been a dramatic change. Sorry for this bad picture, I actually took several but I am just not good at taking picture of myself, I just always miss. At least I look more like my parents and siblings for the moment, but I don't like that I don't match Kate.

14 comments:

amy + jeff said...

I wish I were brave like you and could face the truth about brown. I like the color, it makes you look like Ali.

KEYSHA said...

Oh wow. I have been behind on the blogging...so much to catch up with!

First off....serious congratulations to you! I am very excited for you, and it sounds like you are (hopefully) through the worst of it! I can't wait to find out what you are having. February is a perfect time of year for a baby!!!

Second, love the hair. I think it makes your eyes stand out. I'm a fan. Plus, anything that makes it less maintenance is always nice!!!

Hang in there and keep us all posted on how you are feeling!

Oh and Kate is a doll with the "roaring"! How cute!

kendragreensides said...

The same thing happened to me! My hair started going darker after I had Jaxon and I got sick of keeping up with coloring it, so about 6 months ago I did the same thing, how funny! I think it looks great!

DawnTreader said...

A hearty welcome to the Brunettes Club! You'll find we have at LEAST as much fun as blonds, and, in many cases, much, much more.

DeeAnn said...

Crystal is a brunette!!!!!! what?????? It's just a shock... now you don't look like my sister! Haha, but it really does look great! I need to come bug you and my brother soon! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I have always thoughtyou looked fabulous! This new you is fabulous too! Hooray for babies- roaring and silently kicking ones!

The Tomlinsons said...

WOW!!! You look great! I love the color.

The story about your kids was so cute. It is funny how little kids learn how to Roar so young. My little boy does the same thing. His new thing is playing guns, yep all boy at 17 months.

Ali said...

I think it looks great!

The Tomlinsons said...

And congratuations on the baby news!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I love it! You look beautiful no matter what, but I think it is an awesome look for you!

Emily said...

i don't think i've congradulated you on your big news! And, by the way, the brown hair looks fabulous!

Jeff and Chelsy said...

Okay, first congratulations on #2, that is so exciting. I will be awaiting news if it's a boy or girl. And your hair seriously looks great! I can totally understand about how your hair is getting darker. I feel like mine is too. I hate it, but you give me hope that it will be okay.
And Kate is so cute, she is at such a fun age right now.

Polliwog said...

I really like the new color. How fun for a change. It makes me think I might need a little something ...

The Kay Family said...

Cute, cute, cute!! For both Kate and your new do.