Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hey Baby!


I thought I would share some more about the new baby news since my only post thus far was mostly a complaint. Jake, Kate and I are going to become a family a four on or around ( and hopeful this time before) February 24, 2008. Making me about 16 weeks along or so. We are excited and most of all surprised. Shocked, completely caught of guard and a little slow.
The first week of April or so I was really sick. I kept telling Jake I was so sick it felt like I was pregnant. He told me it was probably just the flu but if I felt pregnant I should stop just talking about it and go get a test- how practical of him. So I did, it came up neg, and shortly there after Jake came down with a flu and thus ended our thoughts that I was pregnant.
A few weeks later, late May say, I felt the same way again. This time more sure I was just sick, plus I had been a little stressed maybe that was part of the reason I kept getting the flu. Not to mention getting pregnant with Kate took around 18 months longer than planned, several Dr's, tests, drugs, and lots of frustration and tears, the chance that I was accidentally pregnant seemed uber unlikely. The icky feeling stuck around, week after week, and was just too familiar to how I had spent six month of 2006. I just kept thinking, why am I so sick, maybe I am pregnant this time, but I don't want to be silly like last time and spend twenty dollars on a test just to tell me that I am really sick, plus if I am not pregnant, than I am really sick. Maybe I should go see a Dr. Kate had her 15 month appointment while Jake was at scout camp. While there I had a consult with the gen practitioner. We decided to take a blood test, to test for babies, low iron and other abnormalities that could be causing me to vomit, faint and be exhausted. He called later to tell me my blood showed a baby in the works.
At this point I had been sick for two months, but I was still surprised. I had to wait three days to tell Jake, when he got home from Scout Camp (this years scout camp blessing I guess). Till then just Kate and I shared the secret. We waited a few weeks and started sharing the news. Of course I was about 9 weeks pregnant when I finally figured it out.
So now we are counting down the weeks until February. Kate and baby #2 will be about 22 months apart. We really think we are just too young to have two kids, and think it is hilarious almost how easily this baby came. The thought of adding to our family had not crossed our minds seeing as how my body only had one month off between nursing Kate and being pregnant again. But what more could be want than another Kate in our lives! The summer months of pregnancy were daunting to me, to be so sick and care for Kate, but with the cooler weather has come some relief and I am only throwing up once or twice a day now, which seems much more manageable.
We don't have our ultrasound till a little late- Oct 17, but I just can't wait to see a healthy baby boy or girl and start going through all of Kate's old clothes organizing and such.

5 comments:

amy + jeff said...

Kate's clothes hmmm? ...premonitions that it is a girl.

kendragreensides said...

How fun for you guys! Brynn and Jaxon are a little less than 22 months apart and it has been pretty good. Brynn and this baby are only going to be 19 months apart, so we'll see how it goes...hopefully not too bad :)

Ali said...

Congrats again! Very exciting stuff.

The Cox Family said...

Congratulations you guys! February is a great time to have a baby. When Cam was born in February instead of March, I was a little scared because of the RSV & Flu season. By the time you are ready to take them out though, the season is pretty much over. Just make sure everyone washes their hands very well for the first few months. Also, being pregnant in the winter is great! You will be the only one with the window rolled down in a snow storm! Where are you delivering Crystal?

Horner Family said...

Wow! That is quite the story Crystal! Congratulations on number 2! I'm excited for you guys and grateful that you didn't have to go through the grueling process like you did with Kate, what a blessing. 9 weeks before you found out, that's pretty crazy. I hope that you are feeling better soon!