Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Guess who slept last night from 10:00 pm until 5:59 am. He is a little sick, but here is to hoping that is not a fluke. We can't even get the Katerade to sleep this long sometimes. Go Chumby!
Here is a sneak peek at the nightmare that has eventually turned into a kitchen floor. For those of you who haven't heard me already complain, we decided to re do the kitchen. Coming soon (hopefully) is a full picture before and after. We have been working on this floor for weeks now. And I feel pretty bad about it because when I say "we" decided to re do the kitchen floor, I mean "I". Jake tried to convince me to buy new furniture instead with some of the money we have been saving to put towards the house... and I picked new floor.
I say it was a nightmare because nothing worked out, we had to put in new sub flooring, than when we were almost done with laying the whole tiles our cement didn't adhere and we had to start all over. Me and the kids even went and stayed at my parents for a few days because the stress and dust was making me sick. We were able to finish the dinning room and kitchen.... we still have three more rooms to go, but at least I have appliances in the kitchen and not the living room again. I am sure I will make a great dinner to celebrate the fact that I can make dinner again. We are getting pretty tired of sandwiches and hot pockets.
Also a note, that my husband is not only a handyman genius who can fix or build anything I dream up, but he somehow stayed happy and positive the entire time.

7 comments:

Dolphinsbarn said...

Jake has always had the skill of being mind bendingly handy coupled with the ability to never get upset about anything. It's like a superpower. I think he's helped me move/fix/push something about 3049 times and has never.

Dolphinsbarn said...

gotten upset.

(Forgot that part in the first comment.) :)

Ming said...

I second Jeff's comment. I think the ONLY time I've ever seen Jake upset was over a game of Settlers! And even that was pretty mild. Jake rocks!

Unknown said...

I can tell it's going to look good! I know how hard it is live without your proper kitchen.

amy + jeff said...

You rock Jake! And hooray to having a kitchen agian. Also, chumby? I like it!

Meagan said...

Sam is SO cute! Love his little face- oh man I'm getting baby hungry again:). I'm sure you'll be so happy with the final result of the kitchen- hang in there, good things usually take a lot of effort and time.

The Bennetts said...

What a great husband! I've missed seeing you and your cute kids at the library! Sam is getting so big and we've never met!