Thursday, May 28, 2009

On the Stranger Side of Springville

I have mentioned before how I have a tracker on my blog. It is always interesting to see where my traffic comes from. For instance, I get a lot of traffic for people searching for nicknames for Kate and all variations of the name. I get a lot of traffic from people googling my husband's name. ( He has a stalker as well I guess or someone of his name sake). And I don't care who looks at our lives, who marvels and the lighthearted things I have to say each day. That is what it is there for after all.
Recently I updated my tracker and found that I have a lot more friends in Springville Utah than I thought. Or one very interested one. Every four to six hours it seems on most days some one from Springville or Utah County (Springville could just be where the server is located) logs on. They are direct traffic, meaning they are not hopping to me from their own or another blog. They are usuing a Mac as well. But that is all I can tell. It is a little strange to me to think that I could possibly be that interesting. After all, I don't even post everyday, but they look sometimes up to four times in one day. And they don't hop off most of the time to other blogs either- I mean they are not usuing my blog as a menu for their blog viewing or something like that.
Does this sound like you? Is it you? Maybe you just aren't aquainted with the feed feature blogger provides? Maybe somebody should show you google reader? Maybe you should leave a comment so I am not so weirded out, or a personal email if you prefer to be discret.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey crystal! Your family is so cute! This is Sarah Grow from High School. I don't know if you remember me or not but I found you so I hope it is ok that I looked! Congrats on you new baby boy. He is just so cute, and so is your daughter!

The Bennetts said...

So wait, how do you get a tracker? I remember you saying you had one, and I would like to see if anyone besides our parents look at the blog!

Unknown said...

I'm not the one from Sringville! love reading your blog though! I wonder too sometimes where the traffic is coming from. weird