Monday, May 4, 2009

Wellness Checks

I took both Kate and Samuel in for Wellness Checks today. Note to self- don't ever schedule both children for appointments at the same time without knowing for sure that Jake can come too. He would have easily been able to come normally, except he goes to trial maybe five times a year, and today just happened to be one of them. Just my luck. I got to wrestle two naked, apprehensive children in a pediatrician's office. (Pediatrician's office is code for germ loaded hot zone). The office we go to is a great practice, but you just know sick kids have been there. No amount of hand sanitizer can keep Kate germ free. Especially when she lays her face on the floor while I am holding Sam for his shots and can do nothing to stop her. The OCD in me is about to vomit just thinking about it. We made it out successfully in the end. It only took 75 minutes. My favorite thing is how the pediatrician gives you all sorts of advice about parenting unsolicited. Not really though. There is part of me that does enjoy taking the kids in however. It is the confirmation that my kids really are as smart and ahead of the game as I think they are. They got a "perfect as can be" from the kid experts minus some weight concerns for Kate (no shocker there). Also the confirmation that my daughter's toenails will someday grow in a manner that is not alien looking. It is also commicle to see my children are night and day difference. In size I mean, not just in that Sam screamed bloody murder when he got his shots and Kate ( at that age) hardly made a peep.

Kate 2 year stats
22 lbs 5%
32.5 in 25% putting her final growth potential at 5ft 3 inches- that sounds about right
19.5 in head - 90% looking more like a Freeman every day

Samuel's 2 month stats
13.6 lb 75% I thought he was a little more "chumby" that this
25 in 95% I am sure this "tallness" will decrease like Kate's did. She was in the 90% forever and now look at her.
16 in head- 50%

3 comments:

DC Diva said...

Isn't it amazing how kids grow and their various stats? Anderson was 23 lb at his 1 YEAR CHECK UP. How can my child weigh more than yours at 1/2 the age?? (BTW, he's 31 inches.) No wonder my back is killing me.

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing as DC Diva! basically.

Anonymous said...

Zane and Quinn are always in the 5%for weight and 90% for height. I wish I had their underweight issues. A girl can dream can't she! Glad the kiddos are healthy!