Sunday, September 27, 2009

School and Crackers

Sam likes to eat. This is nothing new. I have been letting him have more regular foods. His favorite are Saltines. He loves these things. I think he looks so old sitting in this chair eating a cracker. He is old. He crawls, following me around room to room, he "talks" making sounds that seem to be capable of turning into "Mama" any day now. He is so grown up and it makes me so sad.

This is how Kate feels about going to school.
We joined a co-op so Kate could go to "school" this year. I guess she is growing up too. So far "preschool" is going well. She is one of the youngest in the group so I think it will be good for her. Also it should be a decent co-op seeing as how most of the mom's are former teachers of elementary school or preschool. We are eat taking two weeks to teach and host it in our homes. I had a policy class my senior year of college that I loved. I remember my professor had a formula for what would cure the ails of the nation. The first was to stop teenagers from having children. The second was to have free daycare/ preschool centered in your own community. There were eight points I think, and I believed every word then of his explanation . I am now a happy participant in the second piece of solving the nations ails....well at least theoretically.
Kate's first day of school
Kate has to eat breakfast on the go... going to school is busy.

1 comment:

Tacie Hoffman said...

Hey! Your kids are so cute! Oh, and I feel very privileged to be the youngest blogger that you read. Thanks for commenting