Saturday, July 3, 2010

4th of July

This guy is pretty happy about the holiday.
Well this guy is pretty happy in general.
For the 4th of July I dressed my children up in red, white and blue and attempted to take some pictures of them.
Sam is trying to pull the camera away from me and I just thought he looked funny.
Not sure why only one of Kate's pant legs is up in every picture, but it is.
More attempted posed pictures in our holiday wears.
We spent most the morning working in the yard, fixing some sprinklers, transplanting some plants and playing.
I loved this picture of Kate.
She is always saying this thing " in a circle without a care" I have no idea where it is from (Dora the Explorer is my best guest) but this picture sure seems like she is without a care as she runs across the backyard.
Working outside with Mom and Dad some more.
We headed over to my parents for a BBQ that evening. I was finally able to convince Kate to wear the 4th of July pin I made her. I think those eyes are watery because of the soda the just gulped down.


Grandma got new kid chairs and fun patriotic water bottles just for the kids.

Sam loves watermelon. We even swiped the melon off of Kate's plate to eat.

Eating a Popsicle out by grandpa's tractor seems pretty American.
Watching for bugs and birds and planes.
Learning to play the harmonica Uncle Craig gave them. Seems pretty American too.

Patriotic Kate and Sam checking out some sparklers. We did all of three.

And then we went home. At 7:30pm. We spent the rest of the evening doing normal things like cleaning the house and watching Arrested Development.
Kids get cranky and turn into back into pumpkins around 7:30 pm and holidays are a little different than maybe they should be. For example we didn't see a single firework.
But really watching the kids enjoy the simple things about a whole day together and learn about something new are a decent trade off.

1 comment:

Ming said...

Kate's outfit is adorable! Such a fun 4th celebration!