Sunday, July 18, 2010

One Year Older

It was my birthday this past week.
28.
We celebrated a bit on Tuesday before we left for our Sun Valley vacation
The kids and Jake each got me a gift, this included random stuff the kids felt I wanted from the Dollar Store, some sheet music, and a crushed ice machine, which if you know me suits me well.
Jake also made me a chocolate cake, as he does every year.
This year he had help.
A 3 year old who is fascinated with birthdays and has been asking me what kind of birthday cake I wanted since it was her birthday in April.
When I told her she could pick, she decided if I wasn't going to have an Ariel cake like her, a dog cake was the 2nd best thing she could think of.


Though in the end it ended up looking more like a bear.
And so after sleeping in a bit, I heard her at my bedroom door shouting
"Happy Birthday Mom! We made you a Bear cake"
Her excitement about my birthday was what I was looking forward to on my birthday the most.
I also got breakfast in bed, and the kitchen decorated in my yellow streamers.

No comments: