Monday, August 9, 2010

Sam Eats Spagetti



I decided to take Sam to the after hours clinic this evening.
We tried the normal Walk In Clinic over at the IHC.
I am not sure why.
We waited over twenty minutes and had not even been checked in yet.
Some meth mom had her naked 7 year old sitting on the check in counter describing symptoms of a sick child that made me never want to go in the same room, let alone check my child in at the same counter where she currently sat, naked (she was wrapped loosely in a sheet).
For real parenting???

In frustration I gave up and headed to the 5 minute clinic over at the Clock Tower on Main.
I should have headed there 1st.
They are awesome.
We were checked in, seen, written prescription and checked out all in under 8 minutes.
Not to mention there were no naked children with what sounded like the Ebola virus in their waiting room.

Sam has joined the ear infection club. Just as I suspected.
He also apparently has a sinus infection the consistency of cheese. and the color of the hot green shirt I am wearing in the header picture of our blog... no really, I just happened to be wearing the shirt when I took Sam in and that is what the Doc told me

What does this have to do with the pictures.
Well Sam hadn't eaten dinner when we left.
We were gone longer than planned
He very happily consumed the spaghetti and watermelon he was given upon his return.

Spaghetti and Watermelon??? Does a messier dinner exist?
Likely not.





More than anything, he made me laugh as he ate.
I needed a good laugh today.
There is something good about having a Dr. tell you you kid is really sick.
It makes me feel better about not being able to stand him all day, and gives me hope that I will be able to stand him in a few days once the antibiotics have taken effect.

Here is to no more colds in summer time.

4 comments:

kendragreensides said...

I am totally with you on this one. I actually had to take Jordan to the dr this morning...turns out he has an ear infection and "puss on his throat" which loosely translated means strep. I am always happy when I take my kids to the doctor and it is something more than a virus because they can give me meds to make it all better! Sometimes I think I sounds like a terrible mom...but surely someone has to feel the same way as I do, right?!

Amy said...

What a cute mess! Sorry about the sickness though... no fun. We've had gunk around our house the last week - it's just not right to be sick in the summer!

Reynolds said...

the visuals on the infections...gross;
the cute dinner pics after...priceless.

Unknown said...

everyone needs to eat spag. and get it all over the place and get it recorded esp. when on is not feeling well.