Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. George Weekend


Relaxing inside to movies and treats.
Coloring with the markers I let them have.

Loving all the donuts.
Hanging out on the patio

Bubbles

Kate dancing in the sun and rocks.
At the temple together.
Best part of this- Sam waving hello to the Christ statue. Kate joined in too. They sat and listened to the recording so well and reverently, it almost made me cry.

Kate is proud of her rock tower

"walk! walk!" Sam says.
He really talked a lot this trip, proud of all his words, asking for things, pointing for things, asking questions.

We had this weekend in St. George sort of planned since January.
But with pregnancy and our two weeks or sickness- it really snuck up on us.
Jake was signed up to attend a law conference for a few days and of course we all wanted to come along. We just love forced reasons to vacation.
Jake usually gets his continuing education for his license on one of our Sun Valley trips.
but we knew this year that would be difficult seeing as how a baby is due with in a few weeks of that conference, so we decided to give St. George a try.
I have been hearing people talk about their spring breaks in St. George for more than 10 years, and I never really got the draw. Now I do though.
We had so much fun.
Because we procrastinated so long to really plan this trip, we literally got the last place to stay in St. George. It just happened to be a condo almost the size of our house.
And it was perfect. It was great to have each kid in their own room. Some miracle of miracles our children did not wake up until 8:00 am both mornings.
Kate kept calling it "our big place". I think we were spoiled a bit, and will have a hard time staying all together in a small hotel room without a kitchen ever again. The resort had an indoor pool and a kids park to play at too. It worked out so well.
Jake had class until 12:30 one day, and 2:00 the next day.
While he was away the kids and I shopped a bit, went to the wilderness museum, had a picnic and mostly went on walks, blew bubbles, and played outside. Sam loved bubbles. He would chase them and say "pop" and if it blew away "wait". Kate enjoyed making a rock tower in a pile of landscaping rocks. We also spent a lot of time on the patio and jumping on the trampoline and collecting rocks and pine cones.
The kids are wearing sweatshirts in most our pictures, but that is only because it is before 9:00 am, and we are already playing outside. It got up to 80 degrees one day, and I even got a little burned.
When Jake returned from class, we would shop,swim, eat out, play at the park and river. We also spent one afternoon at the St. George temple and visitor center, and part of an afternoon eating ice cream and playing in a water fountain.
Some more of the kids favorite things included the selection of Disney movies the condo had, the markers I bought for them for the trip, and for Sam- eating all the donuts.
It was the perfect vacation, in to the warmth, finally being well.
It was fun to spend so much time focused on my kids and what they wanted to do to have fun.
Also I promise that I was on the vacation- there just is not one picture of me.
I didn't really take pictures like I usually do on trips- I think only 40 or so- not my usual 200.
I guess we were having too much fun to stop for photos.

No comments: