Saturday, December 17, 2011

California Christmas

We finally got to move our stuff into our new for now place on Thursday night. Good thing because that truck was due back on Friday at 8:00 am or we were going to be charged another $100. Jake stayed up all night cleaning the truck out and folding moving blankets. The kids and I slept at my mother-in-laws still since there were no beds or anything to sleep on, basically just three garages full of boxes. My father-in-law and Mark helped us move everything out of the truck. So glad we know people here in our new city. I must say though it was and easier move then the one from Heber into the truck as we are now living on one floor instead of three. Yeah for No stairs! We have been working like busy bunnies to make the house feel like a home. And when I say we- I mostly mean me. Almost exclusively.
And I am trying to not think about how in a year or less we will be doing this all over again.
Once the essentials were unpacked like the dishes and the kids clothes, I moved on to the really important stuff. Like Christmas decorations. I've funny enough mourned moving for many reasons but one silly one- that we haven't had any kind of Christmas of our own. No time for much traditions or activities, no decorated home, no baking with the kids. But yesterday- yes the 1st real day in our house, we spent after dinner decking the halls. It made most everyone happy. And when I say most everyone I mostly mean me. Almost exclusively.




The kids have been loving the new house. Mostly the backyard, where there is a huge cement patio to ride bikes on. They have spent nearly four hours both today and yesterday playing outside. I love Utah- but- in your face Utah.
They played in the leaves today. Sam kept throwing them up in the air saying "Spring" I think he meant Fall, irregardless he has the wrong season. It just seems like Spring because it is 60 degrees, and fall because the leaves are just falling off the trees. It might as well be summer too since he was playing with the leaves with palm trees swaying in the background.
They like the house in general too. Kate says she likes all the colors. It has a lot of paint. And originally I thought it was crazy, but now that our stuff is in it doesn't seem too bad.
I like the house too. The neighborhood feels really nice, and the house itself is pretty fancy. A little fancier than I am used to with regal drapes and light fixtures. But again with our stuff inside it is starting to feel more like home.



Also I went to Target today. It was a five minute drive. That is pretty great. Because it didn't take me 35 minutes to get there I could spend more time in the store. Which meant I browsed about then came home with coordinating holiday wear for all the children.
Living in the city also means that although we have the exact same internet we did in Heber, it works like a billion times faster.
Life is looking up and I am looking forward to be California Christmas. It took me about 35 seconds to upload all the pictures for this post.

1 comment:

Janalyn said...

That picture of Kate is so cute! I am so glad that you are getting moved in enough to have a Christmas! The kids look so happy and I am glad that life has settled down a bit for you guys too! Pretty jealous that your pictures loaded in 35 sec...I think that is why I don't blog cause it takes so long!!! MUCHO HOLIDAY LOVE FROM HEBER!!!!