Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Bits









Christmas was a whirl wind.
I will never move in December again. Ever.
I feel like our lives were spinning out of control and I've just been waiting for the other shoe to drop. Christmas is one of the rewards for being a parent to so many young children. It is fun and special. I feel like I was robbed of all is should be.
My children are sick. I am sick. My Sam has been crying for about three weeks straight. And we are still living out of boxes.
Santa came, and we opened gifts, hurried to church, hurried to family dinner, hurried to bed, hurried hurried hurried. Marianne didn't even open her gifts until almost 8 at night. I got about ten pictures of the whole day normally I would have about 80.
The kids liked their gifts, but between being sick and the move they just are not themselves.
They only thing I wanted for Christmas was my children to be themselves again. And Santa did not deliver.
Christmas I want a re-do.
One where there is not snot pouring from every persons nose, we aren't more stressed than we've ever been in our whole lives, and my children are truly happy.

I guess I should focus on the magical pieces.
Like how Sam didn't believe Santa gave the carrots to the reindeer because they were only nibbled on on the plate. He doesn't think reindeer nibble I guess.
And out Kate said "oh my goodness, oh my goodness" to most everything, but most of all the lalaloopsy doll Sam picked out for her.
Or how my children despite being sick are beautiful, especially in coordinating red and gold church clothes, or striped and polka dot christmas pj's.
I know I am blessed.
But I think we still just may have to have 2nd Christmas in January.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think of Christmas as a season and I see no reason why you can't just extend it a little.

The Tomlinsons said...

I'm sorry it's beeen so stressful-I do not envy you! But your kids are adorable! And thank goodness, kids are more resilient than we are. Hang in there!