Thursday, December 8, 2011

Long Holiday in Heber, Utah



We had to be out of the house on Baxter by 9:00 am Friday morning. We have had about 11 days before we can move into our new home. So in the mean time we have been taking a long Christmas Vacation at my parents house. We have never really lived with parents before since being married other than a month or so between homes before we had children. Turns out it is really awesome. We almost wish we didn't have a new home to get too and could stay longer.
No Really!
People make children breakfast, lunch and dinner, and us for that matter. I've only done the dishes once in 10 days. And there are always treats. People plan fun crafts and acitivities for children, play with them, give them presents, bath them, get them dressed, rock them to sleep, and watch them while I run errands I need to, go on dates with my husband and out with friends. Right now, my sweet aunt Carol is at my parents home as well. So really the adult to child ratio for most of our stay has been 5 adults to 3 children. It means I have lots and lots and lots of happy help caring for kids.
I've been able to spend tons of time on the phone trying to get Kate approved for health insurance, setting up new utilites, and doing all those silly moving type things that take forever without being interuppted by fighting kids. I've done all our Christmas shopping. I could go on and on. We've had tons of visitors and cousin over for family Christmas parties. We really are going to miss the people and the help that staying at my parents has included. It has made us already look forward to our Christmas visit next year. What a great stress less time inbetween moving out one home and in another.


Cousins showing off bff necklaces.

Cousins in a tub. The kids requested a bath in the waterfall bathtub almost every night and never wanted to get out.



The kids enjoying toys at Grandma's. They mostly played well together






A night out on the North Pole Express. With grandma, grandpa and all the grandkids minus Marianne. My kids knew just what to do when Santa came I was told and started shouting gift requests.

The kids thought their room at Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's was so great. One big queen bed for them to share, windows they could watch the Christmas lights out of, and their very own little Christmas tree in the corner. Grandma had a new ornament for them to make and hang everday, and Sam loved plugging in the colored lights. They had an advent calander for each night too.
A visit from Great Grandma Elaine and Tom, with gifts that were well loved.

No comments: