Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to Preschool

I included this mis hap picture because if you look at Kate with her eyes half closed and her hair slicked back and her mouth covered- she looks just like Sam. It is a little spooky how much so for me their mother who never thought they looked so alike.
This post is really about Kate returning to preschool.
I was almost in a panic trying to find Kate a school. Mostly because she kept asking about it, and every time we would pass a school she would say " I found a school mom". Thinking that when I say "we will find a school" she meant like literally drive around and find one.
We didn't have to look too far. She is attending Creative Corner, a preschool done in a home by a woman in our ward. It is less legit than her other school, and more expensive, but it is also longer. She already loves it, mostly because you get to bring your own snack and for recess you go to the park and sit on a bench and eat your snack then get to play. There is a neighborhood park next door to the woman's home. And you get to bring show and tell every day.
Her teacher told me she was perfect.
I said- she didn't talk too much?
Her teacher said- no.
Either her teacher is lying or Kate was not her sure self in the new school today.
No worries, she seems content and nothing beats 9 kids playing at the park for 20 minutes mid school when you are a four year old.

Of course she was styling. She loves picking out her clothes for school all by herself.

After we picked her up me and the kids went to lunch at Panda Express. It is right around the corner and Kate's favorite meal is Chinese noodles.
We sat at the bar height table. This made their day. They are always asking to sit in the high tables but I never let them. But today we left Marianne asleep at home with Dad, so we could do it. We talked about school, and our fortunes.
Sam's said something about not over indulging.
He told me is said "no growing up"
That is what I am always telling him.
We have a new schedule for the new year.
The kids are excited to have a schedule too. They keep saying the word "schedule"
It is a cork board with their pictures then under pictures of tasks to complete before they can watch tv or play, or go outside. It worked awesome today. Sam chomped his toast down in four seconds flat because Kate was getting dressed - and then they listened to me as I helped them know what to do for the "clean room" picture. And were happy to complete it.
We are also doing our own little school, just Sam, Kate and I on the days kate doesn't go to preschool. It is mostly to help me with one new years resolution play more with my kids. Each day - once the schedule is done- we have songs, books, and projects while Marianne is napping. We've only done it one day so far, and it was tons of fun, for me and them. I think it will help Sam with what his resolution for the year should be- to sit and listen better to me and at church.

Back to the new year, new school and new schedule.
Fresh starts are always nice, but ours feels extra new.

1 comment:

lilybit said...

yeah for freshness!