Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cupcakes and Woodward Park

Saturday afternoon we had big plans.
Our 1st Saturday in our new home town to do whatever we wanted.
So I planned a trip to a fancy cupcake place and a trip to the biggest park in the valley.

Since I am a sucker for treats, I couldn't resist a Groupon last week that got me 5 large and 2 mini cupcakes for free. After we stopped and each picked out a few of our favorites we had them boxed and went to the Woodwark Park.
Yes this little guy is cuter than the last time you saw him. No, I didn't realize that was possible either. I am realizing that he may be the only little boy I ever have, and it makes me sad to think he is already almost 3.
Kate wants to be a bigger kid so bad.
Should one of my new years resolutions be to finally learn how to do little girls hair.?
M gets dragged everywhere and she'd just rather be at home. What can I say- we are a "out and about" type of family.

Kate shows off her new shoes. All she really had was church shoes and boots. Nobody is wearing boots around here- it is 60 degrees. So we went and picked these out. I mean she did. Purple sparkles aren't really my style. But she saw them then claimed all the other shoes didn't fit. I let her try these on and before her foot was in the shoe she exclaimed in joy "they fit" hmmm. I think she had an agenda no?
The park was a little big for my little ones.
Kate made a cute friend though. Jake asked sadly whey there are never any little boys anywhere. It is true, poor Sam. And is it weird to say that my kids stuck out with their pale skin and white hair even more than usual? People even kept saying things about how blonde they are.
We headed to the duck pond.
Giving me another look. Stop breaking my heart with your cuteness.
yes you should totally surf on that rock Kate.

I hope Saturdays are full of more fun adventures and less chores from now on.

2 comments:

lilybit said...

this post had fun and cheerfulness oozing out of it along with a wild dose of adorability!

Janalyn said...

Love the surfing Kate! Yes, Sam is a handsome one. Ethan and I were looking at the pictures together. He loved them too. When he saw them he said "hey thats Sam". We are glad things are calming down a bit for you. I hope M's head gets a bit better....not fun to worry about heads I know that for sure! We heart you all so much!!!!