Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hard Weeks Have Highlights Too


We had another hard week here.
Everyone but me had a fever. Some up to 104. They was lots of crying.coughing. snot.
From everyone else.
And other than a melt down moment where I was sure our children were going to die from pertussis. (I hadn't slept for more than two hours at a time for 9 days).
I escaped illness. I'm not sure why as I am usually the one with no immune system.
Thankfully though, so I could hold down the fort.
Amist again what has been one of the hardest weeks of my life (I seem to be having a lot of those these days), there are always good things to be found with my wonderful crew.

--Sam finally falls asleep one night embracing his big tiger in his bed. When he is sick he just falls apart. in pieces. with constant tears. Usually that means he needs me every minute. It also results in lots of "mommy I love you"
--My washing machine finally came. And it is a beautiful thing. I've done about 17 loads so far trying to catch up. It is energy efficient and thus makes and "whoo whoo" sound. Sam thinks and owl lives in our house now. Oh how I love modern appliances.
--My new mattress came. I am told it is comfy, and it is big, but I am yet to sleep in it.
--I haven't slept for more than two hours at a time, for no more than 5 hours a night for about 9 days now. I'm not good on no sleep. I am cranky and I get angry at the kids a lot more. But I mostly attribute the 5lb weight loss I had this week to it, so it is not all bad.
--Kate cut her hair off. She was in my bathroom with kids scissors for no more than 20 seconds. She said she was playing Rapunzel. ERRRRR you Rapunzel. She started crying hard when I took the scissors and attempted to fix it, which meant cutting the other side off- and according to her making her look like a boy. It makes me so sad. Jake convinced me not to keep the blonde locks piled in my hand because it would make me creepy. It was sad to throw out. She looks little again. And of course I just scheduled family pictures. But hair does grow eventually, and she's cute no matter what. I actually had an appointment to cut my hair off today- but canceled it. I don't want Kate and I to have matching hair cuts.

--My brother has been fighting bad guys in Utah. Hearing this story, then seeing it on the news, was a highlight for my week.


1 comment:

amy + jeff said...

I am so sorry. I wish I could help you some way. I think Kate looks cute, her hair looks lots thicker, but obviously no child cutting there own hair never ends well. Hooray for your new bed.