Monday, March 26, 2012

Dreams

Most of the last 15 years of my life, I've had crazy dreams. I may have had them before then too, I just can't be sure.
Dreams that are crazy crazy.
Mostly apocalyptic.

My kids got the crazy gene dream it looks like.
They certainly don't dream like their father- who has recalled a dream perhaps three times in our entire marriage.

Scary dreams have been sporadic here and there from the kiddos.
But seem to have increased in the last few months especially with Sammy.

The latest from Kate and Sam.

Sam this weekend came running in to cuddle after a scary dream.
I comforted him and he feel asleep talking about feathers.
In the morning he recalled what made him run for his mama.
An angry "mingo" or flamingo for those of you who don't speak Sam.
He recalled its angry eyes, its feathers, and that it was trying to come inside and bite his shoulder. He says he said "shoo shoot" but it wouldn't leave
but Jake and his muscles (Sam flexes his muscles to tell me what he means) gets it to go away.

Kate last night came running in after a scary dream. She use to have more of a problem with scary dreams but they have tapered off.
But last night- she cut off a sharks tail off and tied it on a seahorse. I am guessing this made the shark angry.
It was scary though it sounds to me like she won that fight.
Her dreams always seem to have sea creatures.

My latest dream, this weekend as well.
Me trying to gather our things to head home from a trip only to have buses of migrant people seeking refuge from (everywhere else but where we were vacationing) because there has been a (plague, flood, war) I am unsure and all the (food, water, resources, children's clothing, backpacks) in a 4000 mile radius happen to be just what I own and brought on vacation. Me trying to sneakily pack our car with our belongings so we can leave without me being mobbed for a capri sun.

Oh to interpret our silly half awake minds.
Though it makes me sad to hear the children express real fear, I get a real laugh at their true terror from things like "mingos"

1 comment:

lilybit said...

craziness of dreams- I dream a lot and remember alot