Monday, March 26, 2012

Grandma MaryAnn



My sweet Grandma Wood passed away today.
After a long, brave three year battle with lung cancer.
I treasure these pictures of her with my children.
It made me so pleased to share my children with her and she made it very obvious how pleased she was with her great-grandchildren.

Her with Marianne feb 2012- Marianne gets to meet her namesake
Her with Samuel 12-09- She spent Christmas with us.
Her with Kate 4-07 Kate was just days old and she came to Utah just to meet her.

She was such a wonderful matriarch to our family.
I'm so proud to have a daughter named for her.
And to be her granddaughter myself.

I have lots of wonderful memories of my grandmother.
Lots of silly things- like how she would always threaten to sell us to the indians.
Lots of selfless things- like how if you complimented something she offered to give it to you
And and example of both- how as a young teen we went for Thanksgiving to her home. In (what seemed like the middle of the night to a 13 year old) I heard (robbers) in the kitchen. I finally braved up and went to see what all the noise was, and of course it was her, in the wee hours of the morning in the kitchen beginning the prep work for a Thanksgiving dinner I most certainly took for granted until I cooked my 1st Thanksgiving just years ago.

We love you Grandma!

5 comments:

lilybit said...

So special to have pics with the kids- she sounds like a wonderful lady- may she rest in peace.

The Tomlinsons said...

Those pictures are priceless--what wonderful memories of your grandma. I was just thinking about when my grandma passed away when we were sophomores. Amy was the first one to notice that I was upset and was so sweet and comforting.

Kristina Brown said...

My heart and prayers are with you all today. I will call soon to check in, my friend.

KJ's Perspective Take 2 said...

I am very sorry for your loss. Beautiful tribute.

Polliwog said...

This is such a tender tribute. How lucky to have all those treasured photos of your babies with her. I'm sorry for your sadness, but glad she is not suffering. Love you ... let me know how I can help you.