Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Family

We have a bit of a sick house again.
Sam and I came down with really bad colds and fevers in the middle of the night.
and Marianne has been a little extra fussy- she could be sick too but she can't tell me.
So we had a slow sleepy day.
I have an awesome husband. He worked from home, and mostly didn't work so he could take care of the kids while I slept attempting to fight off strep throat. Then shared with me that he worked up a sweat being mom for the day. (it is a lot of work being me thank you)
My kids noticed something was a bit different with me.
This morning Kate said to me "mom why is your face sad?" I told her I was sick. she asked me if I wanted to hot chocolate. I think she meant tea- I always make her some when she is sick. She got the hot chocolate out and got some for herself instead when i told her no. It was a sweet gesture. I heard her playing happily by herself most the day, and saw all her dolls lined up in the playroom when she was asleep. She kept on thinking of fun things she wanted to do and telling me about it with so much excitement in her voice. Everything from a dress she wants me to make, from the purple bows she had the groomer put in the dog's hair today. Such a happy girl. she had a fortune cookie with dinner, and I wasn't there. She can running in to tell me how her fortune was something about being on top of the world and how it was so perfect for her because she is going to be a "space girl" when she grows up. :)
Later Sam came to cuddle with me in bed bringing me a cup of ice to be nice. He asked "can you show me pictures of Jesus Christ?" so we looked some up on the computer. Then he asked if we could look at pictures of him when he was a baby. So we did. Who is this kid I am raising? He is such a sweetie. I hope he doesn't feel as horrible as I do. He sure has a better attitude about being sick then I do.
And of course despite being a little under the weather, Marianne had lots of smiles for me all day and didn't whine to much that she was mostly left to roll around on the floor alone all day. I still find my heart skipping a beat to get her out of her crib when she wakes. I always already miss her even when I am sleeping.
Even sick I am such a lucky lady.

No comments: