Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27, 2012











  
1  Sam is such a sweetheart..  He has a chart with boxes that get colored in for potty training. When his boxes are filled in he gets to go to the store to pick out a prize.  So far he has picked out an action figure, and then a spiderman clock.  It usually takes him one or two weeks to fill up the chart.  Today at dinner he was saying he wanted to buy Marianne  a baby with a crib to sleep in for a toy for her birthday.  How did he plan to buy it for her?  With his boxes.  He planned to go to the store when his boxes where filled up for his prize and instead of picking out a prize for potty training- buy her a birthday gift.  I explained to him that I would happily take him to the store and buy with my money a gift from him to his sister for her birthday, and that he could use his boxes to get a prize for himself.  Only after my heart literally exploded with love.

2.  The kids are pretending it is my birthday again.  They have dressed up, and I am getting Raisin Bran as my cake.  They love birthdays.

3.  Kate looks through the Target ad picking out school supplies.  She is getting so old.  She talks about being a teenager all the time "when I am a teenager  I'm going to learn how to drive a car." "When I am a teenager, I'm going to cut my hair short"  "When I am a teenager my favorite color will be green"  She is unaware that I have forbidden her to ever be a teenager.

4. My sad Maize.  She has had a rough week.  She is trying to be her happy self through it, but it has likely been her crankiest week aside from when she had a double ear infection and strep throat at 6 weeks old.  She has been running a fever for the last two days, a bit of lost appetite and sleeplessness from it too.  I assumed she was finally getting her teeth.  I think I can feel them poking through, one on top and one on bottom.  But I can't see them yet.  Then she woke up from her morning nap and it all made sense.  The lacy rash of fifth disease on her forehead and by her ears. Then later on her neck, back, tummy and arms.   I thought it might rear its head as it seems to be going around.  To top of her crummy day she was getting some food out of the pantry, slipped and landed her cheek right on the shelf instantly getting a giant horizontal bruise. My poor sweet girl..  I had a different picture here before, but Jake saw it and said "she doesn't look as bad as that, that looks like she is going to die"  I took it off and put this one instead.

3 comments:

lilybit said...

:o) and :o(

The Tomlinsons said...

Sam is so sweet--I just love it when siblings show love like that to each other! When Leah was Kate's age she always talked about "when I go to Kindergarten" like it was SO grown up! If you figure out a way to keep her from becoming a teenager, let me know! I am dreading it!!!

Polliwog said...

Aaaaahhhh!! I'm SO sorry! But this confirms that Luke probably did have it, which we were wondering because Sharon is pregnant. Bummer. I hope she feels better soon!