Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 26 2014




Marianne  got a lot of Yo Gabba Gabba stuff for her birthday because she loves it so.  The kids have been having games outside and bringing toys out despite me telling them they will loose them.  And so it was true.  Tuesday morning Marianne couldn't find this red monster from her Yo Gabba set.  I was buys getting Kate out the door to school and with Beth and  dishes.  And she got a flashlight and started wondering all around the house saying " Muno"  " Where are you" " I can't find my Muno" so sad and sweet.   Sam started helping as did I searching around the house for Muno.  After some time- Mari had been at it for almost two hours with no luck I decided to use the event to teach them about asking Heavenly Father for help in prayer.  I had faith too that Heavenly Father would help them find it if for no other reason than I had hoped it to be a teaching moment to a sweet three year old girl.  I asked Mari if maybe we should say a prayer.  She jumped up and said " Jesus can find it!"    I realized I didn't need to teach her anything.  He response was so perfect and sweet and pure.  So we knelt in prayer right there in the hallway.  Then I thought we might look in the pile of dolls in her room one more time.  There he was of course.  Muno.  Laying on top of the pile.   And so I helped her kneel again and thank Heavenly Father for helping us.
I send Jake a message saying what a great little teaching moment I had with our incredible kids.
I thought that was the end of this story.

Two days later I got out of the shower to find Sam and Marianne kneeling in Marianne's room while Sam helped her pray to find her tent- another toy I had actually just put away.  They had been looking for it while I was taking a shower and hadn't been able to find it  so they figured instead of hunting around the house for even a minute they should just pray for it.  So I guess my lesson wasn't perfect.  But Sam and Mari's little hearts were.  They were so sweet and cute kneeling there together on their own.   When they told the story to Dad later they didn't think their prayer worked but that mom just knew where the tent was.  I tried to explain that sometimes Heavenly Father answers prayers by sending people to help- but that concept was a bit hard for a three year old and a five year old to grasp I guess.