Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sweet Moments

I realize that being a stay at home mom is not for everyone. In fact, although it is what I hoped for all my life, when the opportunity came I was not quiet sure it was for me either. Then sweet moments occur like today and I can't imagine what else I would ever possibly want in life. Here are my sweet moments from today that I couldn't stand to miss.

1. Kate woke up from her afternoon nap. I could hear her- she let out her " mom I'm awake up here" shout. But before I could go and get her this shout turned into a bark- "ruugh, ruugh". When I went upstairs I could hear the neighbors dog barking. Each time it would bark Kate would answer with a "ruugh, ruugh".
2. I was lying on my back on the floor where Kate was playing. She came over to me, lifted my shirt and started to blow raspberries on to my tummy. We use to do this to Kate but probably haven't for over a month. I guess she misses this game and wanted to let me know. I was surprised she knew how to do it. She thought it was hilarious too.

6 comments:

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

so cute! i'm looking forward to these things so much!

Unknown said...

Oh, I hope you are writing all these cute things down for her. (saving them, that is) I absolutely loved that my mom did this for me. I guess that there are times when it is good for you to remember the very adorable times too.

Keysha said...

The raspberry blowing is too cute! I can only imagine how much slobber was on your belly!!! She sounds like such a little sweetie. I'm glad you're enjoying your staying-at-home. It is difficult. It's not for everyone, but I wouldn't trade it for the world either. (I can't imagine having someone else experience those moments!)

Amy said...

rLove this post... sometimes it's easy to forget how lucky we are to spend each day with them as they grow and learn! She's just too cute!

Ali said...

I love that. And I love being reminded, in small ways, by our children the reason we do what we do because it is easy to forget and to think the grass is greener somewhere else.

Horner Family said...

That is so darn cute! Isn't it so fun to see what silly things they come up with?