Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kate is One!

Happy Birthday dear Kate! I can't believe she is one year old today. Truth told it has not been the happiest of birthdays so far seeing as how she woke up around midnight last night and will not got back to sleep. Yes it is almost noon and she has only been asleep for about two hours since then. Though she is one, i can count the number of times she has slept till 5:00 am on my fingers. She is upstairs in her crib right now crying because I am trying to make her go to sleep. With two missed naps yesterday and no night sleep, both Kate and Mom are not enjoying this day at all. Plus it is snowing again. We are not really celebrating today, don't tell her. Because we are having a dinner party on Sunday to celebrate. I am sure she won't know the difference and hopefully we will all be happier than too.

I wanted to post a little about Kate at one.
height- 29 inches- 50%
weight- 18.3lbs -10%
head -47 cm- 80%
yes she is shorter and losing weight, but the Dr. says she is just coming down to what her true genetic potential is. We knew she wouldn't be above average forever, she is my daughter.

Record of steps taken in a row- 10
# of teeth- 1

Words she says in order of most common- yes she says duck more than mom.
Dad, Dog, Whats That, Over There,Oh, luv ya, Baby, Cat, Duck, Meme (mom)

Things Kate likes....
Books, Dogs, Mom and Dad, Walking from Dad to Mom, taking everything out of the cupboards, clapping, singing, dancing, watching kids play, pointing and saying "whats that", going outside, peek a boo, being chased around the couch, when the garage door opens, climbing stairs, hanging upside down, stuffed animals.

Things Kate doesn't like...
Eating, Sleeping, Being held, barking dogs, Changing clothes, wearing hats or socks, when mom leaves, getting teeth, drinking anything but water.

Happy Birthday Kate. We love you and are so grateful to have you in our lives.
I will post some one year pictures later.

6 comments:

Edwards Clan said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Can you believe that she is one already! Time flies. She is such a cutie, and so small (18.5 lbs!) Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I love comments. Well, your family is adorable! Have a great day!

Ali said...

Happy Birthday Kate! It seems like yesterday we came to the hospital to see her after she was born. I probably say this all the time but I can't believe how fast a year goes by. She is a doll! Maybe now that she is a year she will decide sleeping is cool. :)

Anonymous said...

Hapy Happy Birthday Kate! You are such a little dear! Hope it is the best ever!

Amy said...

Happy 1 year, Kate!! It's such a fun age.. and everything is such an adventure. She seems like such a cute, smart little thing!!

Keysha said...

Happy Birthday cute Kate! Hooray for adorable little one-year-olds and all their quirky little things.....(You're right, she and Myka do have a lot in common!) I haven't taken Myka to her yearly check-up, but just from weighing her on the scale, she's about 18.9 lbs...so we're right there with ya. (I must say that I have already turned the car seat around though. I don't really care. That's bad. But oh well!)

What a year I'm sure you've had! Just watch how fast this year goes by too.

Horner Family said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Sorry I'm a little late. I can't believe that she is already 1! Amazing how the time flys...Kaylee will be 2 soon! She is oh so cute! I'm excited to see you guys in a month!