Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A True Cookie Suprise

I have been a little sick this week and my mom was kind enough to watch kate for a few hours and bring over some food she though I might be able to keep down. One being fortune cookies. As I cracked open this Chinese treat I was surprised by what my cookie had to say. " Lo que buscas esta a tu alcance". Como? I thought fortune cookies were suppose to be in chinese, or in english at least. Is there really that large of a hispanic-chinese subculture that they have their own fortune cookies. I wouldn't have thought so. Here is to hoping "What you seek is within your grasp" or maybe next time a fortune cookie in a familiar tounge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Spanish translation! I guess everyone is interested in knowing their fortune these days :>! Congratulations on your new niece, she's lovely. Have you had a chance to see Juno yet or read the Memory Keepers Daughter? The movie is hilarious (although there is some naughty humor) and I loved that book. I read it last year. It is a page turner! Hope you are feeling a little better.

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

i believe this is in order: "get well get well soon we want you to get well!"

Sorry you've been sick, hope you're feeling better.

Edwards Clan said...

Wow, that is quite interesting. I bet whoever came up with Spanish fortune cookies is a millionnaire by now. Why didn't I think of that? I saw more of Kaylie on Amy's blog, and she is a doll. I hope you get feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

how funny! the fortune cookie, not you being sick. I never would've guessed- maybe here in Cali...