Sunday, May 25, 2008

100th Post

I was about to post a few recipes since it has been a while since I have done that, but then I realized it would be my 100th post. So instead I am going to write about what I think of that. I feel like in the 18 months of so I have had this blog I have posted a lot more than this. I believe that makes an average of 5.5 posts a month, well actually now that I calculate that seems like a lot. I notice my subject cloud at 100 posts. The "Kate" word is pretty big, that is fine. The "skiing", "vacation", "rafting" words are all very small- that is pathetic. Because you can bet that when I did these things I posted about it, which means I haven't done the things I enjoy much this past year. Ahhh the ways life changes when you have a toddler. I look back at old posts and notice that I always have at least one error in spelling in each post. A friend once told me that it was rude to not proof read your emails, and I am sure this applies to blogs. I don't mean to be rude, and it is not that I am lazy.... well okay it is. It is that I am lazy, well not lazy but it just isn't deemed that important to me. If you are offended by my poor writing you are not obligated to read. I notice how the posts have changes as well. At first I always posted happy things, the cutest pictures etc. Now I feel like more often than not- like this one my posts have a negative tone. Hey If I am going to be negative somewhere it might as well be to the nowhere of the analog universe. I guess I am just more comfortable being myself now that the blog and I have gotten to know each other. I reflect and wonder if this blog has taken too much of my time. If I took five minutes each time I posted and I have posted 100 times that would be eight hours or so. Not even calculating the endless amount of time I spend looking at other peoples blogs. What I could have done with that time, we will never know. Perhaps the basement would be finished by now, perhaps my 13 month old could have been taught her colors, perhaps my dog wouldn't be so overweight because we never take her on any runs. Only an alter blogless universe will know. So what am I saying. That this 100 turning point post, won't be. You can expect more of the same from me. 5.5 somewhat negative, error full post a month about mostly Kate and the things I am mad about. Happy 100th.

6 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

You are so funny! I'm not offended at mispelled words, or the negativity (which, by the way, didn't seem negative at all to me!) I love checking in on you and seeing what you're up to! Looking forward to post 101!

Polliwog said...

Love the blog, whatever you do with it! Happy 100th. :)

Unknown said...

I am glad that you have spent the time here. I like it here getting to know you better.

Amy said...

I think that's what blogs are for... whatever fits your need at the moment. Plus, it's fun to see what you're up too! On a COMPLETELY random note; I had read this post last night and it must've really made an impression because I had a dream that we went on a ski trip to New Jersey together... yup NJ, but in my dream NJ was right next to Canada. What can I say, when I'm pregnant I have bizzare dreams!

Tanya Quinn said...

I'm glad I live in the universe where you have a blog.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog posts. Negative, you are not even remotely negative. I think your blog is perfect just the way it is! Congrats on 100!