Friday, May 2, 2008

Extreme Makeover- Thursday Night Edition

Last night Jake and I ventured to our local Home Depot as we are bound to do each weekend. We needed some more sheetrock for the basement and a few other things. We were looking for some neutral color to paint the basement hallway in the mess up discounted paint when I came across a five gallon bucket of Behr Paint for $20 in this beach side blue. I had considered turing the bedroom into a beach house paradise in the past and when I saw this deal apparently it was too good to pass by. This weekend I had many projects of my list, none which were painting the bedroom so I started painting around 10:00 pm last night. Of course painting is not the time consuming part it was the prep work that took forever. Whomever resided in our home before loved tacks and tacking things into the walls- I had forgotten that our headboard was hiding about 50 pin holes that needed to putty. Anyways I spent most of Thursday night and into Friday morning working away. Then was able to finish it up today. What do you think huh? It is a little blue- but thats what you get when you are paying $4 a gallon vs. the normal $31. It will work. Also featured in the picture below is the platform bed Jake and I built when we were bored out of our minds and living with my parents for two months between homes before we had Kate. The handcrafted furniture and now all this work on the walls make it so there is finally one room in our house that feels like ours to me.
Moral of the story #1- Home Depot has a great discount on mess up paint if you are not too particular. Moral of the story #2- Staying up all night to work on an unexpected project so that you have the day to work on what you had planned only leaves you uber exhausted .

7 comments:

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

i think it looks GREAT and i love your bed!

Unknown said...

How fun to do projects that end up looing good and making you feel great without paying full price! Love it!

Ali said...

It looks good. I am a fan of that color. It is calming, good for a bedroom.

Amy said...

Nice! It looks great and you can't beat cheap paint!!

Amy said...

Nice! It looks great and you can't beat cheap paint!!

Anonymous said...

Crystal - The room looks so good! I love those colors. Beautiful!

Dart said...

Looks great! And how fun to have a place for you guys to have as your "getaway." Like that commercial where the mom gives herself a timeout. I am so glad you found my blog. Your daughter is so cute.