Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Something to Smile About

It was a very long day. Our fridge is dead. It actually died about a month ago, magically resurrected itself, but is now again dead. I spent the whole day driving around Utah, Wasatch and Summit Counties with a screaming child trying to purchase a fridge, but only found over price refrigerators being sold by seedy and somewhat never helpful individuals. I came home with no fridge, one screaming and covered in Reece's Pnut Butter Cup (because that is all that would make her stop screaming) child. I am exhausted and frustrated. Thankfully the UPS man didn't let me down and I found this waiting on my door when I arrived home.
The blurb book I have been making of Kate's first year. These blurb books are so great. They are so easy to make and super cheap. This one for Kate is 8" x 10" and with 80 pages around 200 pictures plus text on each page and was 31 bucks. The picture quality is not the best.... of course I am really picky when it comes to prints, but it is good enough for the cheapest and easiest scrapbook ever. Check out their website, you'll be sure to want one. I also made one of our wedding and loved it as well. It was a mini book, 7" by 7" or something and really cute. Here is their web site www.blurb.com.

So go and make a blurb book. You can make it about anything, it doesnt have to be a scrapbook. You can slurp you blog, or you can write a children's story. I want to do this with Kate's stuffed animals, have them go on an adventure in the backyard or something and take pictures. Surely it will arrive at your doorstep when your day could just not get any worse. With this advice you will surely owe me..... perhaps a refridgerator... or at least a tip on where I can get one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this on another site last week and decided that on each year aniversary of my blog I would have one done. What a great way to keep a journal. I love it. I heard if you download your pictures directly from your computer the quality is better. Great post. Thanks

Ali said...

Next time please call me and drop Kate off with me and Noah. We would love to help out if you are ever in a pinch and you know how much they enjoy entertaining each other.

I'll have to do a one year picture book for Noah, that is a good idea!

Amy said...

They look like they turned out great! And how nice that they came on a day when you'd be extra excited about it :) I LOVE my blurb book... I want to do one for Easton with pictures of all our family members so he can keep track of everyone.