Thursday, June 26, 2008

I have a new diet. Ok- really I am not the dieting type, especially fad diets... but I made this one up. It really has worked for me. I mean I have surely lost at least two pounds this week because of it. It is what I call the Ice Cream Sandwich Diet. I bought a ton of ice cream sandwiches for a BBQ we had with some ward families. We didn't end up needing them. There are 30 or so ice cream sandwiches sitting in our freezer. If there are treats in my house, I eat them. (Jake and I have embarrassingly been known to polish off an entire package of Oreos within 48 hours. We don't buy them anymore.) So I decided that if I was going to eat an ice cream sandwich, I should just eat it for lunch. I mean I am going to eat it. I am going to eat one everyday until they are gone. I might even eat two. Then it is possible I will buy more. There is no question about this. I just lack the will power to say no to a sandwich made of chocolate and ice cream. I will fill up on lunch and then just really want an ice cream sandwich. It is much easier for me to say no to a sandwich made of meat and lettuce. So I have a sandwich for lunch everyday.... an ice cream sandwich that is... and no dessert. I told Amy about this. She thinks it is brilliant.

5 comments:

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

that's how my sis-in-law lost all her baby weight--the cookie diet. every day she would make a batch of cookies and then only eat them. i think it's a great plan!

Dolphinsbarn said...

I LOVE icecream sandwiches. Love. This sounds like a great problem to have.

Crystal and Jake said...

Dolphinsbarn... didn't you read... this is not a problem, it is a solution!

KEYSHA said...

Sounds delicious. I love ice cream sandwiches. They are addicting...I can never eat just one! YUmmy.

Anonymous said...

Now that is a diet I could definitley jump on board with.