Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This is My Life.... and I like it.

This is the ultimate in "happy mom" blogging. My life is not always perfect, and I am far from it, but sometimes you just have days that pass and you can't think of anything that would make you happier despite the small upsets. Here is my day

6:45 am: wake up-feed Sam
7:00 am: shower, actually have time to dry hair, dress and make bed before Kate wakes
7:30 am: breakfast for Kate, laundry
8:00 am: bath the kids, feed Sam again
8:30 am: grocery's at Smiths- manage to spend under $100 for the week for the fourth week in a row. Kate has a meltdown in aisle 12 because I want her to sit down in the cart. She refuses so I make her walk, she runs away, I chase her down with cart in tow because Sam is in it still. Take all the groceries out, put Sam in the main part, buckle Kate in the top. Squish groceries around the kids. She cries for five minutes in the diary section. Some older woman tells me she is beautiful. Forgot three things because of all the crying.
9:30 am: feed Sam, 2nd load of laundry, clean kitchen
10:30 am: play date at the park. Visit with two great girls from the ward, notice Kate only plays with boys, sunburn my arms because we stay longer than expected. Kate eats picnic lunch with out argument.
12:00- visit with Jake who is home for lunch- discuss tile for the 8th time
12:30- 3rd load of laundry
1:00- feed Sam, mow lawns while Kate colors with chalk
2:00- put Kate down for nap- goes down without a fight after I sing Pinochio 8 times. Read 1 chapter in The Hobbit for book club. Its all a little "magical" for me.
2:30 pm: shovel dog poop from back yard. Play with dog- she is so neglected
2:50 pm: call Diamond Rental to rent a Jam Saw- chat with Jake on gmail
3:00 pm: Real estate agent calls "Can I show the house in 30 minutes?" - Clean house. Sweep, Mop, Vaccum, Beds, Showers, I am an amazing cleaner. Throw everything on the counters in the dryer to hide the mess
3:30 pm: wake Kate up, put kids in car, drive to Mom's to stall while the house is being shown.
5:00 pm: return home, make quick dinner. Kate throws a fit about coloring crayons. Jake pretends to throw them all away.
6:00 pm- Drop Kate off with Ali- When we took her on Sat. she threw a huge fit and I couldn't think straight.
6:45 pm: Realize I forgot the 10% off coupon. Drop Jake off at Home Depot- go home, get the coupon, return to Park City, feed Sam in car
8:00 pm: Pick out tile for the laundry, bath, entry, dinning and kitchen. Good luck Jake we are going to Phoenix this weekend.
8:30 pm: Realize after all that I forgot coupon in the car
9:00 pm: Have four gallons of paint mixed for the downstairs. Feeling ambitions
9:15 pm: Save $40 with coupon, glad I went all the way home to get it.
9:30 pm: Drive to get Kate. Jake and I have twenty minutes of uninterupted adult conversations on the ride home!
10:00 pm: Pick up Kate, get a summary about American Idol from Ali, come home, put kids to bed
10:30 pm: Clean up after dinner
11:00 pm: Decide to organize media cabinet- Wow we have a lot of music we NEVER listen too
12:15 pm: Finally go to bed.

It is funny that such a simple day could make me so happy. Tired... but Happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you fit so much into one day- busy, productive, spending time with loved ones- big and little- nice!

DC Diva said...

I love entries like this.

Um... you guys moving? Did I miss that somewhere?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderfully happy day! Phoenix this weekend? Hope you have a wonderful trip. I know the kids would love to see you all if you have a free moment! :>