Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back to the Silliness

I happily returned home yesterday to two toddlers cheering waiting for me the minute they heard the garage door open. It was a happy little reunion. Before last weeks trip to girls camp the longest I had ever been away from them was about 8 hours. It was a long week. Fun and exhausting. Really. I think the last time I was that tired would have been after giving birth to Kate. But it was worth it.
The kids were happy to see me home though it sounds like their Dad time was pretty great.
When Jake comes home from scout camp every year he has prizes for us. Little carvings of wood or some silly boy scout craft. I made sure to show him up by letting the kids have some extra treats and play with all the skit props I had brought.
Kate wanted me to play "pretend" with her all night.


I left letters for the kids with a personalized picture and note. From what I hear Kate loved her little mermaid letter and Sam loved his tiger note.
It is so nice to be home all together.
Next week I will hold down the fort while Jake does his tour of youth camping duty.
Then we will be ready for the "summer of fun"
A term we have been using to refer to this the first summer I will not be pregnant or caring for a three month old baby in four years.
Camping, mini trips and lots of bike riding are expected.

2 comments:

Ming said...

Oh enjoy your summer of fun! I totally had one of those last summer (although it was not after 4 years...so yours is even more deserved) and it was amazing. Yea for a summer of completely having your body to yourself!

DC Diva said...

Your "summer of fun" sounds great! And those are laugh out loud pictures of you and Kate -- so great.