Friday, June 4, 2010

Nerd Update


In case you were wondering......


the raising of the nerds is going well.
Usually if I get on the computer for 5 minutes I well rarely make it 5 minutes because I am interrupted by them screaming, taking one anothers toys and pushing the other person down. They don't really know how to play well together most of the time.
This morning however I came back into the living room to find this.

I was so pleased.

we are also still battling the unknown rash.
For your information too,
even if your pediatrician refers you to a dermatologist, or five dermatologists
because your pediatrician is a complete idiot who can't seem to come up with any kind of diagnosis or solution that seems remotely a possibility to you.
they won't see your child until August.
AUGUST.
Even when you cry on the phone with the uncaring receptionists
Which I did.
I could literally claim my 15 month old baby has measles
Which I almost did
They still won't see us.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's a really cute picture! Sorry about the rash deal - I know that rashes can be scary! And I can't believe no one will see you until August - especially with such a young child. Have you considered talking to another pediatrician that might know more and be able to see you sooner? I know that there's a pediatrician in the office we go to who is not a dermatologist but one of her "special interests" is dermatology. Good luck!

Polliwog said...

How about trying a different dermatologist? We always went to Craig Jenson, a friend of my dad's. His practice is close to the mouth of Provo Canyon, assuming he's still there. :) He diagnosed my bed bugs rash in college. Good luck!

Did you ask about being on a waiting list? (i'm sure you did)

Crystal said...

i did try Jenson- I tried pretty much every one in Utah county. They were booked at least 8 week out. I got myself on most of their waiting lists too-
we actually did finally get an appointment for next week with a practice in Spanish Fork.
They sure made me work for it though.

I just couldn't believe their best practice solution was to tell me to take him the Primary Children's emergency and they would call the on call Derm guy if I felt it needed to be addressed this week.

Thanks for the support gals.

Roger said...

BOOOOOOOO. That isn't the best of days AT ALL! Sorry Sam and more sorry to you Crystal cause you are the one worrying about it. Let me know if you need me to watch Kate anytime. Maybe she can teach John to be a Nerd instead of a crazy warrior guy.