Sunday, June 13, 2010

Girls Camp Then and Now

11 years ago was the last time I went to Young Woman's Camp.
I was 16 years old and had the time of my life with life long friends.

I'm headed back tomorrow, as a leader this time.
I'm hoping my girls will have this much fun.

Coincidentally I am dressed as a super hero above for the sake of because very silly at girls camp
and the stake wide theme is super heros
based on the Joshua 1:9 scripture "be strong and of good courage: be not afraid neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

I did not pick this theme.
But obviously had I been in charge of doing so it is likely me my other 5 leaders and the 22 girls coming with us would be dressed as a super hero for a good portion of the week for one reason or another.

It will be the first time I have left either one of my kids for more than 8 hours. And it will be a whole week. Jake is in charge and promises to return them to me at the end of the week safe and having had more fun with him each day than they have with me. I hope it is true.

I keep telling myself I will make up for all the missing by letting them snuggle in bed with me all night long when I come home.

Wish me luck with my girls.
And if you happen to come by the house you will understand it is because I am gone that there are yesterday's cereal bowls still on the table.
And if you see my family in the store you will understand why Kate is wearing a snow hat... it is to cover up the fact that Jake has no idea how to do her hair.
And if you see my family eating at McDonald's for the third time this week, it is because Jake is trying to get some work done this week and doesn't have time to make them all food.
And I guess you'll understand why I won't be blogging this week at all.

See you on Friday.

UPDATED:

Girl's camp was fun and exhausting.
Since posting this I have discovered that several of my old friends from 1999 attended camp the same week with their own wards... even including some from the picture at the top. I guess what goes around comes around and now we are the ones suffering/ laughing out loud/ at karaoke dance-a-thons at all hours of the night in our cabins.

Funniest lines from camp
"I am practically a pioneer here"
" That is not a caterpillar in your hand... it is a maggot!"

2 comments:

Polliwog said...

Have a GREAT time! Your kids are in good hands :)

Lindsay said...

How funny! I went to girls camp this year, too! (And, am obviously a little behind in checking blogs...) Leaving kids is the hardest, isn't it?