Friday, June 25, 2010

Then there was Lunch

I was being a decent parent today.
We had watched hot air balloons, blown bubbles, drawn with sidewalk chalk and eaten pancakes and harvested veggies from the garden all before 8:00 this morning.

But this day is taking forever.

So when the kids wanted to split an entire package or pepperoni for lunch.
Well.... shamefully, I let them.

And the two of them ate the entire package of pepperoni in about four minutes and were very happy about it.

I didn't even make them eat one grape or bite of yogurt.... you know something more appropriate for a toddlers lunch.

We prayed and blessed the food though.

This guy has caught on and even mumbles something like a prayer sounds now.

I think this partially redeems me as a parent despite the completely processed, under nutritious and down right disgusting lunch.



I promise I snapped these after the prayer was over not during.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Man, I'm impressed you got all that done by 8:00...my kids are just rolling out of bed around then! And I'm seriously grateful that there are other good moms out there who let their kids eat junk for lunch (or dinner...or breakfast...or snacks...)