Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkins for FHE

For family night tonight we went and got pumpkins to carve- then carved them. Despite all my plans to trek the family out to a real pumpkin patch with the snow, and it getting late, we ended up just getting them at Smith's. I figure I can't feel too bad since I already took them to the pumpkin patch this year, we just didn't have time for pumpkins because we were doing all the other things. They were pretty excited to pick out pumpkins from the Smith's sidewalk. Kate immediately found the biggest pumpkin, but then settled for a slightly smaller pumpkin because she didn't like the green on the original one. Sam said his best "pumpkin" as we searched for and purchased our pumpkins.

Kate begins to draw the face on her pumpkin for carving. And models the face she is trying to make.

Sam works on carving his pumpkin.
The guts didn't phase her.
Our kids constantly wear hats, around the house, out, in the summer, in the winter. They don't care they just love to accessorize.
Kate and Jake working on a pumpkin together.

Sam and I working on a pumpkin together.
This is the face Kate drew for her and Jake to carve out. Pretty detailed. I am not sure how those eyelashes are going to work out, or those nostrils, all I know is my Kate is a regular Picasso with a sharpie.

After the carving the kids wanted to draw on their pumpkins some more.

Kate is pleased with her pumpkin.

Sam did not want to leave his pumpkin friend out in the cold He lugged it back through the door. When I took it from him and placed it back outside and brought him in - he turned on his full on cry.

1 comment:

Janalyn said...

Thats very cute! Johnny wouldn't even touch the inside. Love the hat Sam!