Monday, January 31, 2011

Adios January












Today is the last day of January. We woke up to almost a new 1/2 inch of snow. Not very much, but the kids were begging to play in it. So I told them to get dressed. I came upstairs to find a well collected pile of scarves, hats and boots from Kate, and a totally naked Sam with his snow boots on. With a little help from me, they were soon ready to go.

I often put off playing in the snow for another day because I spend 30 minutes dressing the kids and they are cold and in the house in about seven. But not today. We layered up over our pj's which cut down on prep time. And they refused to come in, even after a good 45 minutes outside. Some hot chocolate and watching an episode of Caillou finally convinced them.
They never complained of being cold and just sat, climbed, and stomped and tried to have tons of fun in the iced over snow banks in the front yard.

I was able to make myself useful in the garage and worked on cleaning up the blue crayon Kid A put all over the seats in the new car on Thursday, as well as the purple smoothie Kid B flung all over the ceiling of the new car last week.

2 comments:

Reynolds said...

All that and you looked super cute, too!

The Tomlinsons said...

Such cute pictures....but it looks so cold. I guess I am a California buff now...I don't like the cold.