Monday, January 24, 2011

News You Should Know

The Freeman Family is going to be adding a member early August 2011.
That is right.
Baby no. 3!

I'll just let that soak in for a second.

And you will just have to take my word for it,
as I can't summon up the energy (or stomach the idea) to post a picture of a positive test or ultra sound.

The idea of having another Samuel or Kate around our home is a thought we just can't beat.
So we are excited and anxious for the fun to begin.
Have you seen my kids? The thought of bringing another gorgeous child into the world fills us with pride. We can't imagine any more love in our home, but somehow we will be blessed with even more. We really are so happy about our growing family.

The thought of us having three children seems almost impossible to me, seeing as how just 3.5 years ago we had no children. Life changes quickly. What fun!

I've been anxious to share the news with more than my close friends and family, especially seeing as how I have know about the pregnancy since the day I became pregnant.... well or at least suspected.

At no more than two days pregnant we set out to drive to California for Thanksgiving. At a pit stop I bought hard candies to suck on because I was feeling funny, and through the entire trip not only was I exhausted, but the thought of eating fast food (which I normally like) made my stomach turn. And I knew. Jake and I secretly discussed the possibility the brief moments we were alone over the trip.
At home, I bought a test and took it with out Jake even knowing.
He tends to think I am "the girl who cried pregnant" because every time I feel a little sick I claim I must be.
When it came up positive, I hurried downstairs to his office to share the news.
And we laughed.

This pregnancy has proved without a doubt my hardest.
I have thrown up almost every day at least once ( and usually 4 or 5 times) since Dec 4.
My body already hurts with the aches or being 5 months along though I am only 12 week.
And I am constantly constantly tired.
The worst part of it all though it that I can't breathe.
My mouth is constantly full of spit that taste like metal and it makes it hard to breathe, eat, not eat, sleep or act in anyway normal. It makes me lightheaded, dehydrated and sometimes faint and fall to the ground. It is overwhelming to deal with.

Normally I am busy and productive most the day.
But no joke, we just finished unpacking from Christmas vacation this Saturday afternoon.
And if you come by (and please don't... unless you have tissue, lemon drops and some kind of soft taco with you) you will find two children and their mother watching cartoons, unbathed and still in their pj's though it is lunch time.
We've taken life to the bare minimum.
And it still seems like too much most days.
And it brings me to tears nearly every day that I can't be the mother, wife, and woman I normally am and like to be. It is truly depressing.
It is beyond a blessing that my husband works from his home office.
When I accidentally fall asleep on the couch mid afternoon our children know how to go downstairs and ask Dad for what they need.
I actually have only left the house twice since Christmas without him by my side for fear of fainting and puking in public without anyone to care for our two small children who would be with me.

It is not all bad of course.
We have managed to get out a little on a few dates with each other and with the kids.
We had an enjoyable Christmas though I was secretly puking in the bathroom at my in-laws house four or five times a day.
And there is truly no reason we can't just lay around watching whatever is streaming on our Netflix Wii all day long for at least all of January other than the guilt of poor parenting.

The thought of holding a new little one in my arms and name-storming up what we might call them puts a smile on my face. And knowing that is 28 weeks or less away gives me some kind of hope for a normal life once again.

Yup, that is the news.
You can leave your congrats below now.

That is usually how this sort of thing works. Ha!

8 comments:

Kristine said...

Awesome you are joining the world of 3. Not awesome about all the rest. Seriously have you been fainting? I'm so sorry.

DawnTreader said...

I can't wait to see your number three. Congrats on a job well done, and good luck on the nine-month job that remains to be completed.

Emily Jane said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! I hate being pregnant. It makes it worse to feel like a bad mom and wife for 9 months on top of all the yuckiness. But being just on the other side of pregnancy I am reminded how worth it it all is. Holy cow babies are awesome. I find myself already excited to meet our #3.

Reynolds said...

Staring down the immediate reality of welcoming #3 is good, but sometimes crazy. Congrats!!!

Kristina Brown said...

WOW! What wonderful news! I am sorry you feel so sick, but I am so glad Jake is nearby to help. I'll bring lemon drops or whatever you might like when we are in town next. Congratulations Freeman family!

Ming said...

Congratulations! I'm SO happy for you guys! I'm SO SO SO sorry you are so miserable. I hate being pregnant more than just about anything, so I can empathize completely! Seriously I'm sorry. Just remember how worth it it is once they arrive! You can't beat that feeling of euphoria when they finally come out! I'll be praying for you to get through this hard time. You're amazing! We love you guys! Hooray for cutie number 3!!!

Lindsay said...

Congrats! Man, I thought I had it bad with pregnancies...but you take the cake, my friend. As a family that has done the months and months of television and pajamas with little bathing, I'm here to say that the children survive. :) After you feel back to your normal self (even if it isn't until a few months after the baby is born), it's amazing how easily you can turn the laziness around. Relax - enjoy your cartoons - and, to spice it up a little, drag yourself over to the kitchen to pop popcorn once in a while.

Amy said...

Congratulations on #3.. another cute kiddo to add to your twosome... how fun! I'm sorry to hear about the other general yuckiness though - good luck!