Monday, January 24, 2011

Shoes that are the outfit

This post may come as a surprise to most. Not because of the content, which may be surprising and magical, but because of the author. While this blog is called "Team Freeman" it really has been created, written, and maintained by Crystal.
So, with Crystal feeling pukey and generally under the weather, I, Jake, am going to take this chance to try my hand at blogging and see how it feels.
As I was headed out to go get some groceries, I hoped to take the kids with me. Katerade happily got dressed, put on a hat, and got ready to join me on a trip to the super market. (As any dad will know, the hat was a necessity because her hair looked like a bird's nest and I cannot do hair) And Samurai wanted to come as well. But he refused to put his pants on. I put his pants on quickly at first and then started to put on his shoes. But he twisted away and took his pants off. So I pinned him down and put his pants on. He wrestled away and again took his pants off. So we tried some different pants, because maybe he did not just like the blue ones. I put the brown pants on him and again he took the pants off. As I reached the end of my rope, Crys explained to me that Samurai does not like to wear pants because then he cannot see his new shoes. It all made sense then, but unfortunately he could not go to the store without pants on. So he stayed home with Mom.
You have got to see these shoes.
Let's be honest, if I had Lightning McQueen shoes. I probably wouldn't want to wear pants either. The less distractions there are from the shoes, the better.

6 comments:

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

Jake has taken over all of my duties as wife and mother. He does the shopping, bathes the children, cooks the dinner, cleans the house and no even blogs. It makes me so happy.
Also if Jake has taken over everything including the blogging you know things are not going very smoothly at our house.

You should know too that he got these shoes because we needed an alternative to the snow boots he loved.

DawnTreader said...

Yes, yes, YES! A Jake post! This is a great development. I have a feeling there will be more from you, Jake.

Lindsay said...

This made me laugh out loud! Funny story, funny writing... well done, Jake!

Unknown said...

awesome! (for the pantless shoes, not for how crystal is feeling)

Polliwog said...

Like father, like son--because I seem to recall hearing stories of how you ONLY wore shorts for many years. Maybe that is the ticket--get the kid a pair of shorts so he can still see his shoes. You could always put on some "manly" leg warmers (although that seems like an oxymoron). tee hee.

Hooray for Jake blogging and taking over all other household duties. Hang in there, Crystal!