Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Ballerina, a "Bobot", and a Baby

Kate started Ballet class today. She has been counting down when she could go to dance since the winter. Even though there was a lot of mom barking orders to get dinner done and get her ready by 5:30 for the class, she was happy as could be. She looked adorable. And of course was totally the most graceful in her class. She insisted that she wear a bow, that came with some of my old clothes from my mom's house that was from one of my dance recitals when I was younger.
She has been practicing her moves for years now. That picture above is before the class. A natural see. I'm not sure how she even really knows what ballet is.

Another one of kate just dressed up. This is my dress from when I was a toddler. She loves it and attempts to dress herself in it everyday.

This is my "bobot" or Robot Sam. He likes to put this bucket on his head and run around the house. Surprisingly he doesn't run into walls all that often. At least the bucket would protect his head. He also runs around the house with a red snow beanie over his face calling himself Spiderman. I hope he can see through the tight knit a little, remember running into the wall is how he got himself stitches this winter.

and one of Marianne, just to not leave her out.
She is two weeks old today. She appears to be gaining weight but I guess we will see tomorrow at her doctor's appointment. She is still a great eater..... sleeping is another story. She likes to sleep upright, like being held in my arms, but that is difficult, so we are letting her sleep propped up on a Bobby Pillow most the time. Her hair, that everyone can't get enough of, is already turning blonde. Also though we though we would call her Andee, it seems we mostly call her Marianne. I think that is mostly because she seems so feminine and petite so Marianne is a better fit at the moment.


Update
From her Doc Apt. Here are her stats

w: 6 lb 15 oz 12%
h: 20.25 in 47%
head: 14.75 in 82%

Although it is considered to be doing well if a newborn has gained back to their birth weight by two weeks, I was really hoping she would break 7lbs. For some reason that seems to make her less breakable and vulnerable. As for her height and head, she is about the same as her siblings- average height and big head. I don't remember if medical staff said this about Kate, but just like Sam, nurses and doctors continue to comment on how stretched out and strong little Marianne's legs are. Of course she doesn't have the muscles like Sam, her legs are just these little bird legs, but she is kicking, stretching and using them none the less.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Some days I see your children and think I am looking into a reflection of my own household- ha minus the adorable little one of course.

LaCee Clayburn said...

I remember propping Ruger up in a boppy for the first 3 or 4 weeks of his life, it was the only way he'd sleep as well. Then I had someone suggest taking the boppy away and stacking receiving blankets up to make a "ramp" like prop for him then we took one blanket away about every two nights until he was down flat, it worked wonders and he didn't even realize it ;o).

Meridith said...

Cute kids! I can't wait to see Kate's moves.