Friday, September 2, 2011

Parenthood.

I saw a status update on Facebook from myself from last year.

"Motherhood: Waking up in a pool of vomit that belongs to somebody you didn't even know was in your bed"

I mostly said it being funny.
Sometimes I think I am.
But it was true. Both Sam and Kate were really sick. That was a year or more ago I think.

My humorous thoughts today.....

"Parenthood: Spending the hours between 10 and midnight with my husband on the couch in front of the tv with our shirts both off. It may sound like a steamy evening at first, but really we had both been covered in vomit, removed our shirts and were too tired to go upstairs to get new shirts."

Having kids is a blast.

You may think I said that with sarcasm in my voice. But I didn't. I mean it.
Having kids is a blast, vomit and all.

Having an incredible man to laugh with me when I get puked on, only to laugh at him when he gets puked on minutes later makes the journey even sweeter.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that is a funny picture of reality.

Lindsay said...

Awesome - I love this.

Polliwog said...

I'm assuming this vomit was of the infant sort? Otherwise, it seems a bit too early to be jovial about it. If your kids have stomach flu and you are this cheerful, I'm impressed. :)

Crystal said...

Yes Em, just infant puke. She has a bit of acid reflux, which means sometimes she hits a button and everything I have fed her for the last two hours comes spewing out. I'll admit I have not always been so cheerful about it... like last night at 4:oo am when the 4 oz of breastmilk I had just fed her ended up in my hair.

LaCee Clayburn said...

I instantly thought stomach flu, but only because our little guy spent yesterday and all night last night puking on us :o(, lol!