Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1, 2012






These kids sure look big on their "bikes"
Sam upgraded when Kate got a new bike for her birthday.
He is so happy to ride the rocket bike and so good at it.  Kate couldn't ride that bike at 3.  She wasn't strong enough or coordinated enough.  He took right to it.
M enjoy sitting on the kid car tonight too.  It made her look so grown up.  Especially since she was wearing clothes that are 18-24 months.  I remember Kate in these clothes.  She was 16 months old and walking around the backyard.  I pulled these clothes out of boxes when I moved the rooms this week thinking she would be in them soon enough while I was organizing anyway.  I went to put these put these on her and the pants barely squeezed on.  Darn it.  That is the 3rd piece of clothing I can't imagine she will fit into yet, only to find it is already too small and I missed our window to wear it.  Silly fatty.







We spent later this night riding bikes on the street a special treat.  It is always too hard to watch them I feel and keep M content  in the front yard especially when we have a big cement sidewalk in the back for ridding. But tonight she went to bed early so out we went.  Suddenly kids started coming out of the woodwork.  We met three new kids and played with them and played with one we already knew.  Riding bikes, drawing with chalk, and other follow the leader type games around the culda sac.  Lucky me I got to meet to moms on the street.  Older than I with teenagers, but it is always nice to know your neighbords.  It felt almost like a neighborhood.  In a way it reminded me for a minute of the culda sac I grew up on in California.  Where kids of all ages could come together and play and ride bikes while their parents stood in the driveway.  What a great spring night.

No comments: