Friday, July 27, 2012

July 26, 2012



Remember this picnic.
It was in the mountains last time we were in Utah.

We were talking about something at dinner last night.  I can't even remember what.
When Kate said "like when we tried to go to heaven but the gate was locked"
We pressed her for more information.
"When we had a picnic in the mountains, when we were in Utah, and you said it was heaven but then the gate was shut"

CLICK

My children take me way to literally.  I mean, I can't blame them.  They are small children and their mastery of the English language and adult communication is clearly still coming.
When we were on this picnic I am very certain I exclaimed numerous times "is this not heaven?"
Meaning, "what a wonderful morning with the people I love.  The mountains are beautiful, the weather is beautiful, my children are frolicking in a freaking meadow of wild flowers and butterflies.  everyone is behaved, and I'm not wiping up somebody's poop."
And it was heavenly.
Apparently Kate believed we were going to heaven. Like actually.  We went on a little hike, when we came to a road that was gated we turned around.  Kate asked why we couldn't keep going.  We told her the gate was locked.
What did she really think was going on?
Perhaps I should explain things a bit better to my kids.
 Or not use abstract language any more,
 lest my daughter think our family is locked out of heaven.

SMIRK

2 comments:

lilybit said...

love the inner workings of a beautiful little mind!

The Tomlinsons said...

Hahahahaha! Love it!!!