Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sept 30 2012













Life has been so busy lately it has been almost two weeks since I blogged I think.
Busy and so good.   And we are welcoming the good days with open arms.

I have been doing pictures for people three or four days a week which is way more time than I should give to it, but it has been so much fun, and I know that winter is around the corner and then my opportunity to do pictures for people with decrease.  I set a goal to make enough money to buy a new bed and bedroom set for ourselves, and I met that goal in just two weeks.  I think my next goal is new mattresses for  all the kids since they have always slept on the mattresses me and my siblings slept on growing up.   Of course I've done my fair share of supporting when my better half started a business, but Jake has been over the moon supportive of me and my little business.  He has totally shown me up.  He is kinda of the best.  Well not kinda, he is IS the best.

These pictures are just some quick iphone shots of our last two weekends.  Kate said last week "everyday we do something special, we did something special three days in  a row"  I'm so glad all our special things are not lost on her.  Despite being busy we've managed a lot of fun as well.

Most of the pictures are from the chalk art festival we went to two weekends ago.  We actually just went to a shopping center for the splash pad, but lucky us, found a festival and street fair.  We played in the splash pad first.  Marianne was in heaven.  She was loving it, and giggling, and having the time of her life and drawing lots of attention for being just so adorable.  Sam also loved it, and Kate took some warming up to the idea of playing in the water in her clothes.
After the splash pad we changed the kids into dry clothes and got ourselves some chalk.  The kids thought it was a special thing to be able to color all over the side walk in front of the stores and shops.  They colored for a long time.  We walked around booths, met Cinderella, ate some dinner and then shopped at the Halloween store.  It was a really fun night with our super fun kids.
Of course the festival was in Provo too so we got to drive through the Provo Canyon on the way there and back.  The canyon is a little muted now, but last week it was magical.  Kate said "The mountains have rainbow colors now mom".  It was true.  Somehow we happened upon the most perfect fall there ever was, with temps in the 70's every day, little rain, crips air, gorgeous nights, and mountains bursting with color.

The next day we were invited by some friends to the park for a giant slip in slide.  I only have a movie of this, no pictures, but these friends built a slip in slide of tarps that was 80 or more feet long then but it down a hill at the neighbourhood park in our old neighbourhood   Then put a sprinkler at the top.  Everyone brought popsicles and bubbles and 40 or more kids under 8 years old slid down a slip in slide for hours on end.  Our kids thought it was the most fun thing they had ever seen.

Jake took Kate to a BYU football game this weekend.  She was so excited it was her turn since Sam got to go two weeks ago.  She dressed in her BYU cheer costume, packed her pom poms and according to Jake literally didn't stop cheering for four hours.  She game home excited to tell me all about it but very tired as it was 10 o clock at night.  No surprise her incredible enthusiasm for the Cougars brought on a lot of comments from fans nearby.

1 comment:

lilybit said...

so happy you all are having a good time.