Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 6, 2012

There is no question that our little family has had some crazy things happening lately.
We are kind of crazy.
There has been even more crazy happening behind the scenes.
Two giant crazy things.

The first is that we got ourselves a nice Heber lot and are thrilled to the moon about building a home for our family on it in the next six months.
But more on that later.  Funny enough- that we have a little lot with which we are going to build a beautiful home on- is not the biggest new our family has.

This post is about something really special.

Like super special.

It is about Freeman baby #4.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
wait for it.
Yes.

A fourth child you ask?  They really are crazy!
And that is the truth.
We are crazy.
Crazy in love with the three kids we already have.

It is a funny thing deciding to have a fourth kid.
And by funny, I mean an insanely spiritual nagging that begun when Marianne was just weeks if not days old.

Seeing as how I am literally on the edge of death for the better part of 9 months when I am pregnant, Jake and I had decided that Marianne would be our last kid.
And we were both very happy with that choice.

But then just days after she was born something told me, she was not the end.
Something whispered to my mothering soul, that we could do it again.
It was clear.  But I locked away in my mind.  Realizing that sure, we could do it again.
In a few years.

But that wasn't the end of course.
Marianne our baby is sweet and perfect.
No really she is.
And friends and family jokingly told us that she was a trick to make us want more children.  Because who wouldn't want more perfectly sweet and adorable babies like her.  They thought they were funny saying that.  And I started saying it to.  Knowing it was true. or starting to know that it was by no accident she was send the most adorable, sweet, easy, and happy baby that ever was to our family.


A few months ago I found myself talking to somebody I know.  She talked about a family member who had a new baby, and might not be able to care for it and need to give it up for adoption.  I strangely found myself figuring out how it could be mine.  How I could bring that child into my home, perhaps it could be my next child and I wouldn't have to be pregnant again.
But that was really not the path for us.  It just made me realize the urgency I felt to add to our family.

The year had been hard.
The kids had been dealing with health issues.
Our business had been struggling.
And I felt completely overwhelmed most of the time.

And suddenly, as soon as we opened our minds to the possibility that we might want another child.
Things began falling into place.
Our kids got a bit healthier,
or business  got better..

And then like last time.
When we began to consider getting pregnant again.... we found that we already were a few weeks along.

It may be a little soon.
The new addition will be only 20 months younger than M.  We were hoping for more like 22 like Kate and Sam.
But we have been blessed with truly choice children.
And I have no doubt that will happen again.
I have no doubt that the fourth will be as brilliant as Kate, as loving as Sam, and happy as Maize, or have something special of its own.
I have no doubt that he or she will play with and loves its siblings as perfectly as the others.
I have no doubt that our family will be that much better.
And I have no doubt that we are being blessed in a million ways for our willingness to be parents again and again and again and again, and take all this parenting and raising children and loving the heck out of them seriously.

My husband is a saint.
A saint of a saint of a saint.
And somehow we've been blessed that his business is doing well enough  he has only been working a few hours a day, while he cares for me puking my guts out and our three young young super young children.  And then gets a few hours of work in at night.  I honestly believe we have been so blessed to have him at home for the last three years to get me through my pregnancies and help me care for all of our young children at home.
He is a saint.  I did myself well there.  Truth.

I'm a pretty good trooper too.
I did pack a house, clean a house  (thank goodness my work horse of a mother-in-law was there by my side), drive across the county with all the kids by myself, then unpack into  a new house on the brink of death like always.

Currently I am about 13 weeks along.
Seeing as how I did not actually throw up until I was 6 weeks along leads us to believe I am having another boy.  As with the girls I was throwing up within days, and with Sam I didn't until around 9 weeks.

I know I am always early to shout that I am pregnant.
But I am so deathly ill and fat and miserable so quickly that I hate for people to just think I am grumpy and mean.  I want them to know that I have my reasons.  Specifically that I am puking all day, exhausted, and can hardly get myself off the floor.  So if I don't wave hello, it is not you, it is me.  Really really, it is me.

So there.
Crazy awesome things.
We feel like we are really embracing our Freeman name here.
This baby is due near Kate's birthday.  And hopefully she will turn 6 before the new babe arrives so I don't have four kids five and under.... because that would really be insane.  And a totally different story right?

Tilt your head back now and laugh.  Shake your head, or whatever suits you.


8 comments:

Lindsay said...

What wonderful news, Crystal! I'm terribly sorry about the pukiness... I think the only time I REALLY, REALLY covet is when I hear other women explain how wonderful their pregnancies are and how 'glowy' and 'beautiful' they feel throughout it. Not me. Sounds like not you, either!

Hope the miserableness ends with another perfect baby for you. :)

LaCee Clayburn said...

Congratulations! Funny how we were talking about babies and such at our photo shoot with you and here you are announcing #4 a few weeks later :o). I'm happy for you guys! And hey, wanted to throw it out there, if you haven't decided on house plans 100% for sure yet, Chan is an awesome drafter and is more than fair with his price, he'd love to draw your plans up, or modify plans you've looked at, for you...let us know :o).

Crystal said...

@lacee thanks for the offer, we have actually and have our plans into the city already.

lilybit said...

Happy for you.

Meagan said...

WOW! Congratulations Crystal! and family;) Super happy for you. It's amazing the way Heavenly Father works in our lives- I loved Elder Erying's Talk today in Conference. Thought of you! I know you are a awesome mother and your family is truly a blessed one!

Ming said...

No head tilting or laughing here. I think it's wonderful!!! Congratulations!!! Hang in there through the pregnancy...it is so hard. I feel for you and you will be in my prayers. You're a trooper for sure. Also, congrats on the lot. How fun to be building your own home. You are very blessed indeed. :)

KJ's Perspective Take 2 said...

If anyone should have another near perfect baby, it should be the two of you. Congratulations, so happy for you all.

Meridith said...

Such great news! So excited for you guys!