Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jan 17 2013

Little moments with my kids.

Sam is hilarious lately.   His vocabulary has been incredible for some time, but sometimes he reaches and tries to use a word he doesn't actually know.  It is surprising when he gets a big word wrong as he is using so many -usually related to his interests- like concrete, excavator, exploring, actually-daily.  This week two that he didn't quite get right were- "bi-operators", he meant binoculars  and "smarshmellows" when he meant marshmellows and I'm sure tons more that I can't remember.  His words are just cracking me up lately.  Not to mention how he just talks and talks and talks and narrates his whole world and his whole day and his whole future non-stop.

* I remembered another Sam word.  "Robot-ups...I mean roll-ups... I mean cinniman roll
*"French-chur"  Furniture.   Seriously three year old talk is the best.


M is still a daddy's girl lately. Sometimes she'll even say "no" to me when I go to pick her up if Dad is around.  But sometimes she will be my buddy, especially cuddled together on the couch with her babies and me and a drink.  She is not talking a ton- and still at 17 months has only about 25 words she uses normally.  But she sure is understanding a lot.  We were working at the new house a few days ago and I told her to go get her coat and bring it to me to we could put it on.  She understood perfectly and went across the house- the new house- she doesn't even know well, found her coat, and brought it to me and we put it on together.  She is also kind of sneaky, and when there were cookies on the counter last week and she kept bringing a stool over to the counter, grabbing a cookie and just helping herself.  i should not have let her have so many cookies, but I thought it was pretty funny.  Most of her words are things like "bye bye" "nigh nigh" "Daddy" "Mine-a"  her favorite, and a lot of "EIEIO" from the song.  She won't say "Love you" or anything like that. But yesterday she was walking away from me and I said "I love you Mary" and she turned around a blew me a kiss"  When she saw how it made me so happy she did it over and over again.

Normally I classify Kate and Sam as the big kids and Marianne and the baby, but lately Kate seems older and Sam and Marianne seem to be sharing more things.  Kate has school which sets her apart, she is learning things at school and not just school things, she talks about her friends and a boy in particular and  is less interested in what Sam wants to play and has her own things to do- often homework, or homework she just makes up because she likes to do homework.  Sometimes when I ask her to do something she will say "I'm too busy"  It makes me sad when she says it because I know she gets it from me, and that it is my response to her often when she asks for something.

The kids are super excited to be moving in, and even more excited about their new bunkbed.  Sam insists on bringing his tools to work when we go in the evening to do a few things here and there and helps, Kate knows she will help me with "girl" jobs, like making beds, and she will tell me then say "right mom"

My funny kids.

No comments: