Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21, 2013


notes from the day.

1.  I will officially not be pregnant in one month.  I have an induction scheduled for the week after this baby girl is due- on April 22.  That is a very good thing seeing as how I'm to the point where I just can't move.  A special blessing kept me capable of handling the house and kids alone while Jake was on his trip, but it has hit me big time now.  Actually about two days before he came home I felt her drop into my hips, which is when it becomes really hard for me to move, stand, sit, lay, or do anything aside from being in the shower or a bathtub.  I keep having contractions- similar to  with Sam, every evening starting somewhere between 3pm and 6 pm and lasting for three or five hours..  I had them for three weeks with him before my water broke.  Can I hope I'm on the same track?  They are exhaustingly consistent.  And this time they seem to be in my back more than I can ever remember before.  We were up until 1am last night with me keeled over the ottoman trying to get them to relax so I could sleep.  I can't say we didn't have the most recent show we are netflixing on that may have partially kept us up that late too.

2. Seeing as how  I am becoming less able to move, we spend most our time in the living room.  Me on the couch, and the children playing with the toys that are spreading upstairs despite the toy room downstairs.  I try to convince them to read book or color near by so I don't have to move.  Marianne is having a vocabulary break through, partly due to all the book reading.  Her favorite book is a  book about a bunny named Jake who packs a bag of snacks then feeds them to different animals who help him on his journey.   She always picks to read the book.  But she thinks it is about the apple in his backpack not the bunny.  She love apples.  Loves, loves, loves them.  She eats one a day.  It often takes her most the afternoon to get through one.  I give it to her whole.  I think she likes it because it feel good on her teeth and gums.    Sometimes it has almost become her third thing.  Her blankie, her baby, and now sometimes an apple too, all have to go everywhere she goes.

3.  The kids seem to try hard to be good, then crash and fight and argue and talk back.... then try hard again.   I try not to yell at them when they fight, argue, talk back and generally make trouble when I feel like I do.  Tonight   I put Marianne to bed.  Sam was at scouts with Jake, and I told Kate to she could either get ready for bed and go to bed or help me do chores to earn a dollar.  She picked chores.  And she happily did chores with me for the better part of two hours and got to stay up until almost ten at night.  She usually doesn't fall asleep until 10 or 11 anyways.  Often I am not sure she is capable of the chores I ask her to do she complains to much about them and requires constant supervision, revision, direction etc, but she proved it was not so tonight.  She cleaned rooms without direction, sorted laundry, and even did chores she figured out on her own  and all with a smile.  I told her "why don't you pick up ten things in the living room"  and she responded" why  don't I pink up eleven".... um okay. Her attitude and hard work was rewarded with three dollars.  She has been working really hard to save up for a Leap Pad which is like $89 and she despite months of working is at around $15.  Sam pitched in for a minute too and our house is back in a state of semi- livable.

4.  Today we got something done.  Not what I would say is what I normally deem an acceptable amount for the day, but considering the exhaustion/ not really able to move me- we did alright.  My two goals for the day were to
1. wash the beds (Sam peed the bed last night making this a must on the list).  Done.  Finally around 8pm when we normally put them in their beds.
2.  Find and return a library book that has eluded us for two weeks.  We borrowed a stack of books weeks ago and returned the rest on time, but one book could not be found.  I figured it would show up some time.  But it didn't.  So a more concerned effort commenced this morning, digging through our own personal stacks of books it was found by Sam.  I laughed when I saw the title of the book "The Elusive Moose"  It was returned to the library.

 Somehow instead of resting during M's nap time, Sam and I hit the mail box, bank, scout office, library, wal-mart for groceries, and did some visiting teaching.  Yeah.  It was the most productive two hours I've had in some time.  We also re-packed what had become a very scarce emergency food/diaper bag I have in the car and packed a bag for the kids for when/ if we leave to have a baby ad they end up a somebody's house for the night.
Later tonight babies were bathed, homework was completed,  reading was practiced, and of course the house was cleaned with some very helpful children.

One day of nesting energy I guess anyway. I'm sure because of it tomorrow I'll be puking and sick on the couch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One day at a time.