Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 31 2013































Easter.  Check.
That is kind of how I feel.  Exhausted and glad it is behind us.  One of the last two things I hope to get done before the baby comes.

This year the children each picked and set out their own buckets for the Easter Bunny to fill.
I was woken around 5:30 by Sam, who had already checked and confirmed the Easter Bunny did come.  I told him to go back to bed.  He slept by me for another hour or so.  Eventually the whole crew was awake and at their Easter Baskets.
Some favorite items.  For Marianne- the bubbles.  We had to blow bubbles for the better part of the next three hours for her.  Seriously.  Jake fell asleep on the floor in the living room for an hour.  I pretty sure he might have thought it was only five minutes, because when he fell asleep and woke up we were doing the same thing. blowing bubbles.  Until the kitchen floor was soapy and slippery.
Kate- she said her bubbles, but she seemed pretty excited about both a slap braclet and some stamps.
For Samuel, no doubt the Lego robot guy.
Between what the Easter Bunny brought, the Easter basket Grandma had for us, the Easter egg hunt prizes and the birthday gifts Amy's family gave our kid, I think we will be putting away new toys and prizes for the next few days.
I put my best efforts into pancakes that looked like bunnies, and I'm pretty proud of my results.
Then we had church to get ready for and sweet new Easter clothes.  Be prepared to see those clothes a million times because the new baby has matching duds too waiting for her.  And I forced the children to take pictures in the new Easter clothing, which brought them to tears of course.
I don't know why I try  It seems like I always put so much effort into holidays, and all I want is happy kids and a few picutres, and the picture always seem to make everyone angry.  
We went to church, and Kate got to give a scripture in Primary.  She recited a resurection scripture so proudly and perfectly, which was my favorite moment of the day.
Then it was off to Grandma's for dinner.  We had a large crowd, lots of food, too much good food.  And even an Easter Egg hunt.
Now we are home, the children are slowly coming down from a mild sugar rush and the excitement of the day and I'm about ready to fall asleep right here mid typing. 
How grateful I am for my sweet family, to spend this day with them, and the opportunity to spend eternity with them because of my Savior


2 comments:

maynardmoments said...

I always look for your family each Sunday, because your kids always look so adorable! Kate did awesome on the scripture. I was impressed!

lilybit said...

Can't tell it caused tears- they are all so super cute. I say way to go. I barely remembered Easter.